Customer Support Manager
In short: Full-time, remote position in the US. Please only apply if currently residing in the US.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is building Stripe for phone plans. Enabling platforms to sell phone & data subscriptions to their users through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch, or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify & Plaid. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We completed the Y Combinator W21 batch and have further raised our Seed and Series A rounds with USA-based investors.
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager to act as the first line for Gigs customer support and help establish the processes to help the support function scale as we grow. You will be the first hire at Gigs to focus exclusively on customer support and will play a fundamental role in the development of the function. You will work closely with Dan, our Head of Customer Success.
First-line customer support
- You will be the first line for Gigs customer support, dealing with technical issues, support queries, and feedback for Gigs customers via our support chat and email support channels.
- You will manage our support system (operated through Intercom) and ensure that all support queries are dealt with promptly, professionally, and in accordance with the SLAs under our customer contracts.
- You'll provide exceptional support to swiftly resolve customer support issues, and requests. You will collaborate quickly and effectively with product, engineering and customer success to escalate problems and to ensure relevant information is being passed on effectively and promptly.
- You will own and compile feedback and issues relating to the Gigs product and ensure that these are effectively communicated to relevant internal stakeholders.
Building and developing best-in-class support processes
- You will build out our use of tools, infrastructure and data, and develop and own relevant KPIs, to track and improve the efficiency of how support is conducted at Gigs.
- As we scale, you will build out a team underneath you and be at the forefront of developing a best-in-class support service.
- You will track and develop frequently asked questions based on queries received from customers, with a view to improving our knowledge base and empowering our customers in order to reduce the number of support queries.
- You will think in terms of scale, understanding and anticipating where documentation, automation and process can be used to help our partners at volume. You will update training and support materials to include video and other media in order to deliver the maximum value to our customers.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have 3+ years of experience in Customer Support at a B2B or SaaS tech company.
- You're great with people. Dealing with customer issues can be stressful, especially when things are not working as expected. You should be able to de-escalate a situation and not take an individual's opinion or mood personally.
- You’re a problem solver. You love solving customers’ problems and can show initiative and lateral thinking to find solutions to unusual issues. You can point to a long track record of successfully resolving complex customer issues.
- You’re an owner. You’ve had experience owning customer support and are comfortable building out processes and being accountable for the performance of the function.
- You think at scale. You look at systems in terms of how they can be scaled and have experience of improving processes to allow for greater volume (without significant drops in quality).
- You look to unblock inefficiency. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain and find ways to leverage efficiencies for our partners. You figure out where processes can be improved (internal and external) and where things could break. And fix it yourself or with our engineers.
- You care about the customer experience. You are invested in ensuring our customers’ success. Your focus is on delivering value and ensuring Gigs has a business impact.
- You love to challenge the status quo and solve problems incrementally. You understand that building a product our partners want involves trying things, including some which don’t scale. You understand that the most effective results often aren’t immediately perfect but come from solutions that have been iteratively developed.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members across all functions within Gigs and our partners.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
- You’re fluent in English.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.