Public Relations Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Givebutter is the #1 rated fundraising platform on G2, powering more than $150M in donations annually for thousands of good causes. Over the past two years, our team of 3 has become a fully remote team of 30+ Butter Slices, spread across 21 states and five countries. We've been certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022, and our founders were recently featured on Forbes’ 30U30 list for Social Impact.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
Givebutter is hiring its first in-house PR Manager to join our Marketing team. This role will report to the Director of Content Marketing and be charged with earning media coverage for Givebutter and representing the brands’ public-facing efforts.
We want to hear from people who...
- Are natural storytellers
- Thrive in mission-driven, but fast-paced startup environments
- Are creative, think outside the box and a step ahead of the competition to get a lead
- Nurture and value their professional network
- Value data-driven decision making
- Earn media coverage that helps spread the word about Givebutter
- Do outreach to earn backlinks to Givebutter's most important content and reports
- Represent our brand at events and conferences
- Create and pitch commentary from our co-founders and experts in the area of nonprofit news and trends
- Handle PR response to company news both internally and externally
- Show creativity in how we get journalists' and publications' attention, testing new channels and promotion tactics
- Appear in media including news, tv, and radio to represent our brand and our proprietary data and reports
- 2-4 years of experience in PR, in-house experience with a technology company is highly preferred
- Proven ability to write a clear, concise, and attention-commanding pitches
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Connections in tech, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial publishing
- General knowledge of the non-profit industry is required, experience working for a non-profit is strongly preferred
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Team Retreats: Participate in team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.