Test Automation Engineer for Good
RoleAll Other Remote
Do you want to work on a product that actually makes an impact on people's lives? Are you passionate about delivering quality software products and finding ways to improve existing technical infrastructure? Do you thrive in an environment where you get to help define the standards and best practices? Are you looking for a powerful success story to help build your career and reputation in your field?
GlobalGiving is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our team.
You will be responsible for designing and building automated testing, and providing leadership and mentoring for colleagues regarding best practices and testing. You will have the opportunity to help define, refine, and implement best practices around automated testing, coding standards, and development workflow. As part of the team that delivers one of the most recognized and respected fundraising sites in the world, you will have the opportunity to build your career while helping others.
The successful candidate will demonstrate passion and experience introducing software quality best practices and helping teams establish good habits around quality and productivity.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Design and create a test automation platform for distributed systems using sound engineering principles and industry best practices.
- Design and create tests and metrics that validate key functional and non-functional requirements of our system.
- Working with our System and Infrastructure team, integrate tests into our CI/CD pipeline using GitHub Actions.
- Work with Users and other Stakeholders to support User Acceptance Testing and to develop automated tests based on Stakeholder priorities.
- Work with our Data team to develop analytics and quality metrics to track product quality and software development process quality, end-to-end.
- Work with our Systems and Infrastructure team and Cloud Security Engineer to integrate security scanning and metrics into our testing regimen and address new threats proactively.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 5 - 7 years of experience creating and improving test automation platforms using tools like Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, Performance testing tools like Mercury LoadRunner, Unit Testing Frameworks like JUnit, and cross browser testing frameworks like BrowserStack.
- The ability and natural proclivity towards building workflow automation and other tools to streamline the development process, solve pain points, and improve the productivity of other developers on the team as well as yourself.
- Experience with integrating code monitoring and testing tools, and providing leadership and training to colleagues in adopting those tools and best practices.
- The ability to design and build complex systems and processes iteratively and to understand tradeoffs and consequences of design and implementation decisions.
- The ability to work in and improve a team development environment with a CI/CD pipeline, Git source control, Jira, and command line and IDE tools.
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE) or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions and Amazon AWS
- Links to your own articles, blog posts on Quality Assurance, or open source contributions, or a project you built for yourself or others.
- Ability and interest in mentoring and training others.
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $115k - $135k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Engineering and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote-worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.