Senior Android Platform Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Join our team
As a Senior Android Platform Engineer, GoDaddy Payments, you will create world class payment experiences for merchants and customer on GoDaddy Smart Terminals. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external developers building apps on PoyntOS platform. You will architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies, participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs, and play an active role in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release. Product will be a closer partner as you craft great product experiences.
Your experiences should include…
- Expert in Android Open Source Project (AOSP) – Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), System Services, memory management
- Familiar with Android builds and related tooling
- Experience in Andriod application development is a big plus (NDK/SDK)
- Firm understanding of Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers, etc.
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of JSON and XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines
- Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization
You might also have…
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience; 3+ years of Android Platform experience
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected].
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.