Sr. Manager Device Payments
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Manager, Device Payments, you will create world class payment experiences for merchants and customers on GoDaddy Smart Payment Terminals. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external developers building apps on the Poynt OS platform. You will drive solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. The Manager will oversee a team to deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies, participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs, and play an active role in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing, and production release. Product will be a closer partner as you craft great product experiences.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering team management experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing Android applications
- Firm understanding of Android SDK (e.g. Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers)
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Balance project delivery requirements amidst operational challenges
- Assist in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Build, mentor, and grow a distributed team of engineers and technical leaders responsible for building and maintaining the APIs our customers rely on
- Empower a team of highly productive engineers to make decisions and execute
- Partner with Product and Program Management to strategically prioritize and plan projects
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers to solve problems and facilitate adoption of Poynt OS
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to engineers in design, architecture, development, quality, and career development
- Recruit and hire engineers and develop them into a thriving, collaborative team
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected].
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.