Quality Assurance Associate
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Associate.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Quality Assurance Associate supports the Production Services (PS) area at Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for grades PK–12. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education.
The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct quality assurance to all products, ensuring high quality, content accuracy, and stylistic consistency of print and electronic formats.
This is a full-time position. Although Great Minds is based in Washington, DC, this position will be performed remotely. Working under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, this role’s specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Perform Expert-Level Quality Reviews
- While carefully staying in scope of the assignment, review documents for proofreading issues, layout/formatting problems, and incorrect style application
- Identify and suggest remediation for consistency issues within grades or modules, within entire content areas, and/or across all GM products
- Identify systemic or recurring issues and errors and report them immediately to QA Coordinator.
- Do not miss deadlines. Complete reviews with urgency and keep Coordinators informed of deadline risks
- During reviews, participate as needed in data aggregation for project- and team-specific data analysis
- Maintain fluent understanding of all Great Minds style guides and project-specific style or spec documents
- Maintain familiarity with relevant document storage, proof review, and project management platforms, and update technical skills as needed for digital products or new programs
Enhance Team Culture
- Maintain and contribute to the QA team’s excellent culture of open and courteous communication, supportiveness, constructive feedback, and team-first mentality
- Recommend team-wide improvements for better reviews, workflows, or feedback/communication processes
Education Level and/or Relevant Experience
- BA degree in English, Journalism, or related field preferred
- Minimum three years of proofreading experience (this is NOT an entry-level position)
- Experience in copy editing and/or formatting
- Related experience in publishing recommended
- Familiarity with CMOS style guidelines helpful
- Experience with layout and formatting helpful, particularly using Acrobat, InCopy, and InDesign
- K–12 teaching background a plus
- Outstanding communication skills
- Detail-oriented to the smallest degree but also able to see the big picture
- Maintain high-quality work and thrive in a deadline-driven, high-volume production environment
- Flexibility to easily switch between tasks and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Personable with the ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure
- High degree of professionalism
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies and the acumen to suggest alternative work methods in the interest of saving time and resources
Submittal of resume and cover letter are required
Selected candidates will be required to pass a comprehensive background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved