Director, Corporate Accounting
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Director of Corporate Accounting to join our team!
Reporting to the Controller, this person will be responsible for overseeing the Corporate Accounting Team at Greenhouse. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a Company that’s recognized as a thought-leader in the HR industry and to help push towards innovation and new ideas with best People practices. The Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for overseeing the period-end close process while shaping the evolution of our existing processes, procedures, and internal controls structure. This person will also support the external audit process, manage our Accounts Payable Team, and attract, retain, and develop high performing teammates to meet the needs of our growing business.
Who will love this job
- A leader - you identify objectives and key results and take charge to drive results
- A doer – you get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
- A data fanatic — you love clean data, digging into numbers, and getting the 'small details”
- A people-focused problem solver —you love interacting with people and use strong critical thinking skills to come up with solutions
- A team steward — you are motivated to do your best work and strive to elevate your team
- A stickler for details — you understand the importance of keeping detailed documentation and adherence to internal controls
- An excellent communicator — you have a knack for explaining technical regulations concisely (even to non-accountants), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do
- Manage, coordinate, and lead a team in monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time to close and improve accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial package preparation
- Run both the monthly and quarterly variance analysis meeting
- Act as the liaison between corporate Accounting and other corporate departments such as Tax, Technical Accounting, Revenue Accounting Operations, and FP&A
- Manage quarterly and annual audits by interfacing with auditors and ensuring timely completion of supporting schedules related to financials audits
- Provide support with coordination and documentation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”) initiatives to ensure controls are in place and proper documentation is complete and available.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to support the consolidation of accurate financial statements
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to a team through coaching and mentoring
You should have
- Experience in public accounting and industry with M&A and global operations
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP system is strongly preferred
- Decision making and influencing skills with strong levels of energy and leadership, problem solving, organizational planning skills
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills
- Exceptional people leadership skills with demonstrated ability to create a high performing team in a collaborative and complex environment
- Energetic and positive attitude
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting with a focus on Financial Reporting
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $109,000-$147,000
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. At this time, all employees are working remotely due to COVID-19.**
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at [email protected].