Technical Lead, Information Security Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Who we are
Gretel is solving the data bottleneck problem for developers, data scientists and AI/ML researchers by providing them with safe, fast and easy access to data without compromising on accuracy or privacy. Designed by developers for developers, Gretel’s APIs make it simple to generate anonymized and safe synthetic data so you can preserve privacy and innovate faster. We’re disrupting how organizations innovate with data and are looking for a talented security engineering lead to join our mission!
What you will do
In this role, you will help ensure that our software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform technical security assessments, manage the overall security posture of Gretel, and vulnerability testing to highlight risk that will help Gretel teams and partners improve security.
You will also work closely with other Gretel Engineers to design and build proactive methods to enhance our security. You will work on a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits, and design reviews.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Manage endpoint security monitoring and response.
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Gretel.
- Conduct research to identify processes to protect Gretel’s products and services.
- Be involved in security exercises.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience performing technical security assessments, code audits, and design reviews.
- Hands-on experience with public clouds, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP with a focus on security.
- Experience with any security detection and response technology products such as SOAR/SIEM.
- Fundamental understanding of OWASP and security engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD.
- Working knowledge of Operating System security.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in web application security.
- Experience in software development.
- Knowledge of security engineering, computer/network security, authentication, security protocols, and applied cryptography.
- Experience leading a globally distributed team.
We think the best ideas come from the blending of diverse perspectives and experiences, which will lead to a stronger company and advancements in technologies. We hire individuals whose peers call them subject matter experts, whose curiosity draws them to new edges of their field and who like to laugh. We are deeply collaborative, apolitical and mission-oriented.
Gretel is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Gretel are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.