- Do you have a genuine desire to work on and release great completed products?
- Are you excited about data, APIs and video streaming?
- Do you have an interest in competitive video gaming?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this role could be ideal for you!
GRID is looking for a driven Product Owner to expand our established and welcoming product team.
You will join a very talented engineering tribe and gain exposure to a wide range of products and services.
There is scope for further growth in this role and you will have the opportunity to make a real impact within GRID and the wider gaming ecosystem.
What you will do
- Build a deep understanding of the product and the esports industry which allow educated product decisions
- Devising product features based on a variety of inputs (vision, external/internal feature requests, technical requirements etc.)
- Owning and facilitating the agile scrum ceremonies for the team
- Preparation, organisation and prioritisation of the feature backlogs for the engineering squad
- Work closely with engineers to ensure feature specifications are communicated clearly and are on-vision. In GRID we place great emphasis on high-quality documentation for our product decisions and requirements
- Working with engineers to judge when non-feature driven work is necessary
- Lead acceptance sessions and sign-off completed user stories ensuring quality standards
- Proactively take necessary action in the event of product defects or deficiencies
- Communicate and document key product decisions and developments
- Collaborate cross functionally with other areas of the business, including tech, design, product, and delivery
- Working with the wider product team to improve our product development and agile processes
Your skills will include
- Good understanding of the Agile SCRUM ceremonies and why they are important
- Able to create and manage a backlog where high level goals are broken down to epics and user stories
- Ability to convey complex concepts clearly without compromising on detail
- A solid technical mindset.
- Able to work comfortably alongside engineers to gain sufficient understanding of the technical challenges at hand and propose trade-offs
- An academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., mathematics, software engineering, computer science, machine learning, or related field) would be a plus
- Most importantly, a team player who likes to collaborate with the squad of engineers to deliver great products
- Fluency in English
- Able to work in CET time zone
About our culture
- Flexibility: Work from wherever you want, in the office, from home, or wherever inspires and motivates you. Meet up in-person with your colleagues every so often, making use of the travel opportunities GRID offers. FTC for those based in Germany, Poland, Sweden
- Sustainability: We’re not a typical start up. We want our employees to be rested and able to perform. We offer a generous vacation allowance (28+ days a year) and the opportunity to speak with professional counselors to support mental health - covered by the business
- Pragmatic: GRID thrives on being pragmatic, allowing us to make the best decisions, rather than keeping to rigid processes and procedures that don’t work well for us
- Fostering growth: Empowering employees who are determined to grow by providing a self-development budget and strong career advancement opportunities. Support from your teammates to guide and encourage you to grow in your desired professional field
- Company culture: We believe a diverse industry is best served with a diverse workforce, and we are a great place to work, with recent employee surveys showing over 98% workplace satisfaction
Founded in 2018 in Berlin, GRID is the leader in Esports and Game Data with the company’s core product - the GRID Data Platform setting the standard in the industry. Specialized in in-game, play-by-play data, GRID curates data for game developers and tournament organizers and leverages its data platform to unlock the potential of the right holders’ data assets for the purposes of storytelling, fan engagement, and integrity.
GRID’s official data partnerships cover 85+ partnered rights holders (data sources), and 150+ integrated commercial data consumers, covering 15+ game titles. The partners' list includes industry leaders such as BLAST Premier, PGL, WePlay Esports, Riot Games (VALORANT), and Krafton (PUBG).
If you have the ambition and desire to work at the forefront of cutting-edge industry projects, then GRID is the place for you.
For more information please visit www.grid.gg.
Apply today to find out more and begin your journey!