Community Growth Associate
Join our mission to create and connect cyber-ready humans and organizations through highly engaging hacking experiences that cultivate out-of-the-box thinking. (Find out more insights about Hack The Box culture on our career site).
About the role
One of Hack The Box's goals is to make cybersecurity training accessible to everyone. Hacking events contribute a big deal to that and we want their numbers to skyrocket. This is why we are on the lookout for a Community Growth Associate, who’ll drive this growth. 🚀
Managing and driving the Events, Meetups, Sponsorships, Conferences will be your main focus! We want to reach cybersecurity enthusiasts all around the world; make them aware of HTB, our purpose to make cybersecurity accessible and fun for all; identify local needs and create strong, local communities! 💪
You’ll be mostly talking with Meetup Hosts, our Ambassadors, providing them with support, creative incentives, while engaging with internal stakeholders to enable the delivery of top-notch event experiences for HTB users. Exciting, right?
Hack The Box is a massive hacking playground, and infosec community of over 1.0m platform members who learn, hack, play, exchange ideas and methodologies. We are an online cybersecurity training platform that allows individuals, businesses, universities, and all kinds of organizations all around the world to level up their offensive and defensive security skills through a fully gamified and engaging learning environment.
- Identify and explore new opportunities for meetups around the globe
- Manage incoming requests from HTB user-base for meetups, evaluate them and identify great opportunities
- Increase the number of HTB events on a global scale
- Take ownership of the HTB Ambassador Program, nurture it, and ensure its success by increasing the ratio of Host to Ambassador and design great incentives 💚
- Collect technical (machines, challenges) and operational requirements from Hosts and HTB Ambassadors
- Keep track of events and engage in a timely manner with both external and internal stakeholders
- Handle operational tasks related to events (Prizes, Giveaways) both internally and externally
- Keep engaged and updated the appropriate internal departments (design, systems, content, marketing) that contribute to even promotion and delivery
- Evaluate the success of events, identify areas of improvement and work with Hosts and Ambassadors to improve event quality
- Strong communication in English and reach-out skills.
- Previous working experience in a marketing department
- Experience organizing events will be a strong plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with the community.
- High energy, can-do personality, and ability to thrive in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Time management, prioritization, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to think creatively around enhancing audience engagement year over year.
- Maintains a disciplined and effective project management approach to strategic events & partnerships with a heightened sense of urgency and discretion.
Why work at Hack The Box?
- You’ll have the chance to shape the industry of cybersecurity training
- You’ll be able to grow as we grow and solve challenging problems working with people all over the world
- You'll work with an international, passionate about HTB and very talented team
- You’ll definitely have fun while working at HTB 🥳
We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Private insurance
- Free lunch & snacks at the office
- 25 annual leave days
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment (mac, iPhone, and mobile plan)
- Full access to the Hack The Box lab offerings; so you can learn how to hack
- Flexible/Hybrid working - Can be fully remote
- A conversation with the Talent Acquisition team to know us better and to share more info about HTB and the role
- A bit more of a technical conversation with the hiring manager to get a better understanding of your experience and achievements
- A challenge related to the job and conversation about the way you have approached it. This will really help us understand your skillset and have a fair selection process.
- Meet the c-level
- Offer 🎉