Creative Director - Content
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
If you have a love of concepting and creating amazing photo & video content, we’re looking for you! We’re looking for a full-time Creative Director of Content to join our digital and content teams. This position reports directly to the Chief Creative Officer and the candidate needs to live in the Los Angeles area.
Herman-Scheer is an independent brand studio based in Los Angeles.
We build, launch, and grow culture-shaping brands in the wellness, technology, and F&B categories. We’re a rapidly growing team of 30+, fully remote, with an awesome new Venice, CA HQ+Studio opening in June.
As a Creative Director - Content you will be a key point of contact for Herman-Scheer clients. you’re someone who has an impeccable eye for design, a true passion for culture, art, commerce, and marketing. You’re confident in leading teams and clients with levity, poise and kindness. You lean into challenges with a sense of ownership, optimism and are always eager to learn new things.
What You'll Do: This role is responsible for overseeing all of the creative development and executional components of the Herman-Scheer content, campaign and organic social offerings;
- You'll collaborate with strategists, writers, and designers to conceptualize provocative ideas and tactics for campaigns and brand content shoots - all with the goal of connecting brands with consumers in original, effective ways.
- You will own the creative and strategic output and client relationships for our retainer-based clientele across a multitude of consumer-focused industries.
- You will collaborate with our operations and management teams to continuously communicate solutions to improve process, morale and output
- Develop feedback and direction for external vendors on the visual side of the work (e.g., retouchers, illustrators, production designers, etc)
- Design key executions yourself, and occasionally collaborate with designers on the finer expressions of the work
- Play an active role in the production and editing processes
- You have 5+ years of creative and content creation experience working at a creative agency, startup, or similar environment
- In addition, you've spent 3+ years in previous leadership roles and can effectively oversee the quality and efficacy of our creative team's work
- You are a mentor and a leader and are excited to manage and grow our team of creatives
- You care about the work and the people you work with and enjoy solving complex and interesting work challenges
Benefits to be at your best
At Herman-Scheer, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, and support their families.
- Above market salary with opportunity for advancement
- $600 annual wellness stipend
- $250 WFH stipend
- 100% medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k w/ employer match
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Employer-Sponsored Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 16 days of flexible sick and vacation paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- HS Summer Break (week of Independence Day)
- HS Winter Break (week between Christmas and New Years)
- Fully remote work environment - yes, really! (with LA optional office/workspace)
- Opportunities for Leadership and DEI trainings with top agency training organizations
- Apple computer and gear
- Weekly “All Team” meetings
- Monthly “Ketchups” with your manager
- Monthly (optional) virtual and in-person hangs
- Bi-annual “All team” in-person events
- Work alongside great people, doing great work for great clients
Let’s do this!
Herman-Scheer is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
P.S. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from Herman-Scheer and/or Workable can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.