Creative Director - Web/ Digital
🇺🇸 USA Only
If you have a history of designing and managing the creation of Digital experiences, we’re looking for you! We’re looking for a full-time Creative Director - Web/Digital to join our creative team. This is a remote position reporting directly to the CEO.
Herman-Scheer is an independent brand studio based in Los Angeles.
We build, launch, and grow culture-shaping brands in the wellness, technology, and F&B categories. We’re a rapidly growing team of 30+, fully remote, with an awesome new Venice, CA HQ+Studio opening in June.
As a Creative Director-Web/Digital you’re someone who is obsessed with modern digital marketing and e-commerce experiences. You will be a critical part of ensuring the creative and strategic integrity of our clients web experiences by working alongside copywriters, designers, strategists, motion designers, project managers and developers. Early on in this role, there is an expectation to design, but you’ll be continuously leveraged out of the execution and into more directing.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic - You will collaborate with our business development team and help advise on digital opportunities with potential clients to enable them to bring our branding work to life
- Design - Push the envelope by creating and directing visual narratives on the web that are engaging, unique, and award-worthy by effectively balancing creativity and performance
- Account Management - You can build trust and guide clients through our creative process
- You can effectively scope projects during the planning stages, consult on deliverables
- Quality Assurance - You will ensure all digital experiences meet our exceptionally high standards of quality and will require the same from the supporting designers on your team.
- Leadership - Grow, lead and mentor a high performing, thriving and sustainable creative team and culture to push creativity and career-defining work
- Always Help Us Get Better - Continuously supporting process improvements, efficiency, and quality of our work
- You have 5+ years of digital design experience working at a creative agency, startup, or similar environment
- In addition, you've spent 3+ years in previous leadership roles and can effectively oversee the quality and efficacy of our digital team's work
- You have a killer design aesthetic and an excellent handle on user experience and digital strategy
- You know how to push creative teams to imagine new ways of bringing digital experiences to life through interaction and content
- You have the ability to define and establish digital processes that align with both client and internal needs
- You have a solid understanding of UX design principles and prototyping tools, and an equally polished portfolio showcasing your UI/visual design capabilities
- You are a mentor and a leader and are excited to manage and grow our team of digital designers
- You care about the work and the people you work with and enjoy solving complex and interesting work challenges
Benefits to be at your best
At Herman-Scheer, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, and support their families.
- Above market salary with opportunity for advancement
- $600 annual wellness stipend
- $250 WFH stipend
- 100% medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k w/ employer match
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Employer-Sponsored Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 16 days of flexible sick and vacation paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- HS Summer Break (week of Independence Day)
- HS Winter Break (week between Christmas and New Years)
- Fully remote work environment - yes, really! (with LA optional office/workspace)
- Opportunities for Leadership and DEI trainings with top agency training organizations
- Apple computer and gear
- Weekly “All Team” meetings
- Monthly “Ketchups” with your manager
- Monthly (optional) virtual and in-person hangs
- Bi-annual “All team” in-person events
- Work alongside great people, doing great work for great clients
Let’s do this!
Herman-Scheer is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
P.S. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from Herman-Scheer and/or Workable can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.