Visual Designer - Digital
🇺🇸 USA Only
If you love creating incredible digital experiences, we’re looking for you! We’re looking for a full-time Visual Designer - Digital to join our creative team. This is a remote position reporting directly to the Creative Director - Web.
Herman-Scheer is an independent brand studio based in Los Angeles.
We build, launch, and grow culture-shaping brands in the wellness, technology, and F&B categories. We’re a rapidly growing team of 30, fully remote, with an awesome new HQ+Studio opening in June.
As a Visual Designer - Digital, you will be working alongside creative directors, strategists, copywriters, art directors and motion designers to help create a diverse range of digital experiences for our client partners that will be highly differentiated, strategic and effective for their respective business goals.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate on and evolve information architecture and user experience flows
- Work with our team to synthesize business objectives, brand strategy, identity, and marketing insights in order to develop high-fidelity wireframes that will guide our design processes
- Provide UI design and direction for responsive digital experiences, then work closely with our production partners to produce the assets we need
- Push the envelope by creating visual narratives on the web that are engaging, unique, and award-worthy by effectively balancing creativity and performance
- Confidently present our web designs to our clients
- Continuously improve our process, become more efficient and increase the quality of our work
- You have 4+ years working in brand design at an agency, startup, or similar environment
- You’re an expert in design tools like Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- You’re passionate about the e-commerce and modern consumer experience
- Detail-oriented and skilled in time and deadline management
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple large projects at once and at high-speed
- Comfortable presenting and communicating ideas with clarity and impact both internally and to clients
- You’re a natural collaborator with experience working as part of a Creative team
- You can use research & data to develop, validate, and refine ideas
- You’re curious and good at asking questions to solve complex problems
- You like figuring out how systems and processes can work better
- You’re willing to learn new things on the job, and to give and receive feedback
- You’re excited by diverse perspectives, ideas, and experiences
Benefits to be at your best
At Herman-Scheer, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, and support their families.
- Above market salary with opportunity for advancement
- $600 annual wellness stipend
- $250 WFH stipend
- 100% medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance coverage
- Employer-Sponsored Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 16 days of flexible sick and vacation paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- HS Summer Break (week of Independence Day)
- HS Winter Break (week between Christmas and New Years)
- Fully remote work environment - yes, really! (with LA optional office/workspace)
- Opportunities for Leadership and DEI trainings with top agency training organizations
- Apple computer and gear
- Weekly “All Team” meetings
- Monthly “Ketchups” with your manager
- Monthly (optional) virtual and in-person hangs
- Bi-annual “All team” in-person events
- Work alongside great people, doing great work for great clients
Let’s do this!
Herman-Scheer is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
P.S. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from Herman-Scheer and/or Workable can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.