Executive Assistant to CEO
RoleManagement and Finance
We’re going to say a bad word.
Don’t let it put you off.
Here it comes:
Still with us? Alright, here’s the thing.
Insurance is the single biggest industry in the world – there are more insurance policies than people. But seven in ten people feel their insurer is actively trying to cheat them, and only 13% say they actually trust their insurer - and that’s according to the industry’s own representative body, the ABI. It consistently ranks as one of the least trusted, least recommendable industries on the planet. How can such a massive, ubiquitous thing be so fundamentally broken?
We're Locket, and we believe we can do better. We're building prevention-first home insurance – insurance that's exciting, intuitive, rewarding, and there for you every day; not just if you need a pay-out. Insurance that works with you to actively protect the things you care about, instead of just sitting back and waiting for bad things to happen. It’s everything your old insurance isn’t.
We’re an ambitious, exciting startup with an amazing product. We’ve got a carefully picked team of exceptionally driven, motivated people. We’ve got offices in London and world-class talent remoting in from all over the world. Now all we need is you: a brilliant, energetic, inspirational Executive Assistant to help us bring Locket to the world.
You’re a top-notch executive assistant with a flair for moving fast and making sure that all these spinning plates don't break. You work hard and smart and you’re not afraid to graft.
You are a star player, an exceptional individual who is looking to be a part of something truly amazing. You have got to be good, honest, passionate and not scared to go beyond the distance.
This is a busy and varied role working with a lot of mission-critical projects that have to be attended to concurrently. You will be assisting the CEO on a wide variety of daily tasks ensuring that the company operations run smoothly. Although most of the team is working remotely, the CEO spends some days in our London office and you'll be expected to spend 2-3 days a week in the office too.
You need to be bright, have excellent communication skills and be able to work under pressure while still maintaining a positive attitude to everyone around you.
You’ll be representing the CEO and the company. You will be trusted to make the right decisions and will be given a lot of autonomy. But all of this also means a lot of responsibility.
You will be:
- assisting the CEO with his daily workload;
- preparing meeting minutes and keeping documentation up to date;
- maintaining documents, folders and logs (all digital);
- helping with recruitment and HR processes;
- managing internal projects;
- arranging company events;
- updating and documenting any office policies and processes (until we've recruited an Ops person).
If you love the hustle - you’re going to love it here. We recognise and enable high performers (and reward them handsomely). We don’t micromanage. We give you autonomy and empower you to make things happen. You’ll be a trusted advisor and sounding board and a key driver of the overall direction of the company.
If you prefer to coast and have meetings about meetings this is not the job for you.
The person we hire will have a strong mix of the below.
- At least 3 years’ office/PA/EA experience;
- High attention to detail;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communicator, both efficient and very organised;
- Perfect English;
- Enthusiasm and friendly attitude;
- Proficiency with MS Office / G Suite applications, as well as good general IT and maths skills;
- High intellectual curiosity. You’re an idea machine and a powerful analytical thinker;
- Making it happen, not just on paper.
Salary range: £37k - £45k. Bring your A-game.