RoleAll Other Remote
To help keep everyone safe, we encourage all applicants to pay close attention to protect themselves during their job search. When applying for a position online you are at risk of being targeted by malicious actors looking for personal data. Please be aware we will only reach out via email using the domain BlueOwl.xyz or HiRoad.com. Anything that does not match those domains should be ignored and considered a security risk.
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates people’s mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge — it couldn’t identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that’s what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We’re a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From data science, to design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond — we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let’s build the higher path that is HiRoad.
We’re looking for an accomplished and well-rounded iOS Engineer to help build and enhance our mobile applications. Responsibilities include architecting solutions to solve our complex problems, developing new and innovative experiences within our iOS applications, and providing clear estimation and scope of development to format clear roadmaps. You’ll analyze and optimize applications for quality, efficiency, and performance and collaborate cross functionally within the organization on key projects.
- Developing features to improve experiences on iOS applications
- Collaborating closely with engineering, product and design teams on projects
- Refactoring code base to improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability
- Improving knowledge and experience on mobile development practices and strategies
- Team Player. You enjoy discussing solutions or bouncing ideas off of team members. Growing your knowledge and sharing it are something you enjoy in your work environment. You also enjoy experimenting and are enthusiastic about new tech.
- You know how to test. You know your code may not be perfect but you have experience writing unit tests to help build confidence that what you write is stable. You also can describe what kind of automated tests can be used and how to apply them to complex components.
- Architecture is key. You have an understanding of architecture patterns and are willing to learn more on why they are used and how to apply them to a variety of scenarios.
- Threading and concurrency in UIKit using GCD and Operations in Swift are clear to you. You can clearly explain asynchronous options, understand how they run under the hood, and are able to choose the best option given the task. You never dead lock on race conditions.
- You have a complete understanding of Apple’s recommended coding standards. Apple provided frameworks are all common knowledge to you and you have a preference for those libraries before utilizing third party ones. Bonus Points
- Experience developing user interfaces to support multiple device sizes using Storyboards, Size Classes and Auto-Layout Constraints
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of these frameworks: AVFoundation, MapKit, CoreLocation
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- You have been involved in the release process of iOS applications through the App Store
Salary: $140,000 to $230,000
- Important note: all offered salaries are based on many factors, including experience in a similar role and geographic location of the candidate.
- Benefits: We provide a wide variety of health, wellness and other benefits.These include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and supplemental income plans for you and your dependents, a Headspace app subscription, monthly wellness allowance and a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Work from Home Equipment: Given our virtual environment— in order to set you up for success at home, a one-time payment of $2K will be provided to cover the purchase of in-home office equipment and furniture at your discretion. Also, our teams work with MacBook Pros, which we will deliver to you fully provisioned prior to your first day.
- Paid Time Off: All employees accrue four weeks of PTO in their first year of employment. New parents receive eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four additional weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or adoption of a child.
- Personal and Professional Development: We’re committed to investing in and helping our people grow personally and professionally. All employees receive up to $5000 each year for professional learning, continuing education and career development. All team members also receive Udemy subscriptions and access to multiple different coaching opportunities through BetterUp.
- Location: We are a remote-first company for most positions so you may work from anywhere you like in the U.S, excluding U.S. territories. Occasional travel may be required for team meetings or company gatherings. Employees based in the San Francisco Bay Area or in Providence, Rhode Island may commute to one of our local offices as desired.
- Hours: We maintain core meeting hours from 9AM - 3PM Pacific time for collaborating with team members across all time zones.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO poster2020.pdf
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved