Lead DevOps Engineer
Do you want to join Hornet? We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our core team to help us monitor, maintain and build our app and database infrastructure on AWS. We prefer you already have a familiarity with Hornet and the LGBTQ+ community in general and are looking for the chance to make meaningful changes that push the space forward.
We are actively working to grow our user base, which means there are many attractive scale, performance, and architectural projects to tackle. DevOps engineers work as part of our overall engineering team, following the same development workflow we use for all product parts.
- You will collaborate with Engineering teams to plan, deploy, and maintain business solutions in a cloud environment
- You will monitor and maintain production systems and databases to optimize for performance and stability
- You will manage a high-availability infrastructure and related incident management policies and procedures
- You will be responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and reporting platform problems to product engineers (or fixing the code yourself) to ensure site performance and reliability
- You will collaborate with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design documented
- You will create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple environments
Your Profile & Experience:
- We do all our hosting with Amazon Web Services, so AWS proficiency is a must: You are experienced in multiple AWS services: EC2, VPC, CloudFront, IAM, RDS, Route53, S3, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, WAF
- You bring strong experience with SQL and Postgres (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis and Cassandra)
- You have a strong background in scripting to help automatize repeatable tasks and in Linux/Unix Administration
- You have experience in building high-availability distributed systems with horizontal scalability
- You have experience in building infrastructure from code and config for high-volume services
- You know best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- You feel comfortable working in a remote team and working collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems
- You like taking responsibility for your work, and you are able to deliver production-ready quality independently
- Ideally, you have previously worked as a DevOps engineer at a senior level within a software engineering team
- Ideally, you bring Ruby on Rails experience as most of our infrastructure is built on it
- You will be part of our mission to provide a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community
- We offer a flexible work environment where you can work entirely remotely: We're a very open, diverse, and inclusive team looking for like-minded people. While we work hard (and try to be smart about it), we also believe in life outside of work
- We have engineering hubs in Prague and Cape Town if you like to head to the office
- We have quarterly product/engineering meetups in person
- All Team Hornet gets together once a year in attractive locations to meet up with remote colleagues
- We will offer you a long-term contract with monthly invoicing
Interested? We are happy to receive your CV, a short motivation letter, and additional references if given. We are looking forward to hearing from you! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our team members and a better product for our users and community.