Lead Product Manager, Direct
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
tldr; We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves, with a state-of-the-art product and user experience.
We have crafted an Applicant Handbook, which we highly recommend you check out, where you can find out more about the company, culture, how we recruit, what we do, and how we do it.
We are bold, like risks, and take on big challenges together. Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them with more of their problems.
Feel free to join in one of our upcoming Townhalls on Clubhouse to experience it for yourself!
Direct is the next product innovation for Hospitable.com. With Direct, we allow short-term rental hosts to launch their direct bookings in minutes, with a beautiful website that is already populated with their listing information and photos. Hospitable.com also facilitates payments, guest screening, tax compliance, and insurance for a safe and rewarding experience.
We are now preparing for Direct’s next phase. For that, we are building a team dedicated specifically to Direct’s ongoing product development. Together with several software engineers, you will be evolving the Direct product and establishing Direct as a market-leading offering for short-term rental direct bookings.
- Develop and implement Direct’s vision, strategy, and roadmap, breaking that down into rapidly shippable projects, consistent with the company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, features, and end products, to make payment processing and payouts flows magical for hosts and guests, while bulletproof for the business.
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps, based on your interaction with customers and aggregate customer feedback.
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams; Partner with sales, customer success, and engineering to ship features and products that solve the right problems.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule.
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision.
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users.
Hospitable.com is a remote-only and distributed company. For this position, your location is not a requirement. The ideal fit could work under European or American timezones.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Talk to us about why you’re still an amazing fit.
In the meantime, here’s what we’re paying attention to:
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in B2B Saas, Marketplace or E-Commerce.
- Previous experience with payment processing (fintech, compliance) a big plus.
- Exceptional communication skills - especially written - with a particular knack for clearly and precisely articulating customer concerns.
- High degree of empathy both toward customers and teammates.
- Track record of owning 0→1, end-to-end product, and feature development.
- Intense focus on shipping products, and ability to make trade-offs that require prioritizing different competing demands.
- Ability to manage a project, structuring it into relevant work categories, dependencies, and priorities within a relevant tool.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and persistent in ensuring that your product is successful.
- Able to make decisions when surrounded by uncertainty. You don’t require a support system to maintain momentum.
- A supportive and caring team environment, where you are trusted, not managed.
- Competitive compensation, slightly adapted to your location. For this role, the maximum cash compensation according to our salary grid is $255,000 (for a candidate based in high-cost-of-life city such as San Francisco or New York).
- We want to offer options into the company equity through our $HOST token. When this can be implemented, the grant contemplated for this position would be $144,500 (not tied to location).
- 35 days off per year, encouraged (including self-serve public holidays) and parental leave.
- Mental-health and emotional support with therapists on call through Slack.