Chief of Staff to the CEO| Employee #14
RoleAll Other Remote
The Chief of Staff to the CEO is an extremely broad role that will have exposure to and a direct impact on every aspect of our company. You'll be assisting our CEO with everything that he does on a day-to-day basis - whether that's strategy, marketing, product management, research, compliance or HR.
You will be Employee #14, and it will be a lot of fun.
HumanCentric was founded in 2015 and is a profitable, high-growth, eCommerce brand. We design products that help our customers optimize their businesses and home offices to create a well-designed and comfortable space for both work and play. We ship hundreds of orders each day to customers around the world, and are run by a small and driven team who makes it all come together.
To be a great fit for this job, you must have:
- Two years of relevant experience in a related role. Relevant roles include a position at a startup, management consulting, or other demanding positions.
- A knack for getting up to speed on new domains quickly. You learn, apply what you learned, and become an effective contributor in a new area with ease. Researching and managing the process for identifying new products or certifying a wireless product in Canada don't sound intimidating to you.
- The ability to work both quickly and methodically. You create tremendous amounts of accurate, finished work much faster than other people you work with.
- Impeccable communication and project management skills. You don't miss a task, and know how to make sure that everything gets done across dozens of concurrent projects.
- Extremely good organizational skills and careful attention to detail. You can sense when something doesn't seem right, and you know how to dive in and fix it.
- Assisted with implementing improved processes and metrics to support our team's growth.
- Coordinated product development efforts, sourced local creative talent in Chicago, conducted product research, assessed new available software solutions, ordered T-shirts and stickers, followed up with people that ignored our emails,
- Participated in strategic discussions about ongoing company initiatives and priorities.
- Drafted helpful documentation for onboarding new employees and communicating overall company policies and procedures, and onboarded a new team member.
- Written this job posting.
- And much more.
- Significantly contribute to our overall strategy and bottom line profitability
- Gain exposure and experience to every aspect of running an eCommerce brand
- Gain experience running an international business including financial, compliance, legal, and communication issues.
- Systems Thinking and Attention to Detail. You see the big picture of how everything works together, and appreciate the impact that the smallest details can have on the whole system.
- Independence and Efficiency. You get things done faster than your peers, and are always improving your execution. You have the right information at your fingertips because you planned in advance. You can independently manage a huge backlog by identifying actions from high-level objectives and prioritizing intelligently. You follow through on all your commitments, on time.
- Technology Fluency. You can learn a new application faster than almost anyone around you.
- Humility. If it's part of running and building the business, nothing is outside your job description. And that's something you value and appreciate.
- Respect. We treat customers, vendors, and each other with tremendous respect and sincere appreciation. They are people first, and business partners second.
- Balanced Intensity. You approach your work with intensity, but you're an easy person to be around.
- Clear Communication. Clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills. Your ideas are well thought out and clearly articulated.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan (US-based employees only)
- 401k plan with company match (US-based employees only)
- Awesome, flexible paid vacation policy
- Fully remote team
- Work closely with a small, experienced team (including the CEO) and gain exposure to all aspects of running a global products company and eCommerce brand
To all recruitment agencies: HumanCentric does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HumanCentric employees or any other company location.
HumanCentric is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.