Azure Data Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Azure Database Engineer
i4DM is seeking an amazing Azure DB Engineer to join our fast-growing IT-project based consulting business. We're looking for a top-notch team member to provide configuration, design, build out, and support of cloud data management platforms, specifically leveraging Microsoft Azure. The Azure DB Engineer will work closely with software developers to deliver secure, well-performing, and scalable Azure-based solutions.
i4DM is a full-service information technology firm established in 2002. We work closely with clients to gain an understanding of their environment, assess the available technologies, and build innovative solutions to quickly gain a competitive advantage. It is our mission “to apply innovative technology to transform data into knowledge, so that people can make better decisions."
We're seeking talented and bright team players who are passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ego-free culture while applying a creative approach to problem-solving. By joining our team, you’ll become a part of a fun and diverse team of talented and creative people who share the goal of using the latest technology to solve business challenges. You’ll work with a team to help our client overcome their most difficult challenges in the cloud. Additionally, you’ll grow your skills in areas like cloud-based security, agile at scale, and multi-cloud architectures.
The Azure DB Engineer will collaborate with a mix of technical experts and architects, business/product owners, business analysts, technical writers, testers, and scrum masters in a DevSecOps focused, Agile-Scrum environment. Our team members must have a proactive nature. We're looking for team members who are eager to problem solve, collaborate with business and technical team members, willing to learn, and always show great initiative in their daily pursuits.
- Participate in requirements gathering, backlog refinement, and story point estimation for the product backlog
- Design stable, reliable and effective ETL pipelines leveraging Azure Data Factory
- Develop, design, and optimize data models, data structures, and ETL jobs for data acquisition and manipulation purposes
- Design and implement data load processes from disparate data sources into Azure Data Lake
- Design and build reusable data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by creating Azure Synapse pipelines
- Create various triggers to automate the pipeline in ADF
- Tune SQL queries in Databricks, Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse
- Solve complex data challenges and deliver insights that help our customers achieve their goals
- Self-organize as part of a mid-size scrum team and apply data engineering skills
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with MS SQL/T-SQL
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with Azure SQL
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with PowerShell
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with with Azure technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Databricks, and Microsoft Athena
- Experience working with parquet files
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Familiarity with Oracle and Oracle Golden Gate is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand user requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have solid Client Interaction and Problem-solving skills
- Military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Candidates will need to obtain Security Clearance of Public Trust once hired
- New Team Members must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
- Work Remotely
Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields.