Field Data Collection Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
The Field Data Collection Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the Field Data Collection (FDC) function at IKE, ensuring critical and accurate data is collected in an efficient and effective manner.
Included within this responsibility is leading IKEs CX70 process:
“Ike FDC capability seamlessly managed "Best in Class" field data collection, which enables the project to me go faster, with a higher quality output.”
The role is also critical in the success of IKEs swimlane no 1:
“FDC excellence (quality & efficiency) & ownership of this FDC process for structural analysis & MRE. This is the multiplier effect to feed the IKE economic engine.”
The FDC role has 3 critical parts:
- FDC Project Management
- FDC Training and Consulting
- FDC Sub contract services
Broomfield Colorado / Remote
IKE is the expert with the IKE Solution. Establishing realistic run rates, quality reviews, troubleshooting, required rework, and advanced metrics are available to the customer allowing them to deliver data to their end customer and eliminating common friction areas. This role supports this through Field Data Consulting and Field Training, working within the Field Data Consulting Framework.
Key responsibilities & Expected Outcomes
Operating within the Field Data Consulting Framework
The key responsibilities fall under 3 major frameworks of the Field Data Consulting Framework
I. IKE Project Management
Ensuring that delivery to the customer and the elimination of common friction areas are met through:
- FDC Project Setup
- Daily Performance Management
- Quality Control on Collected Data
- Access to on-call senior Consultant
Outcomes: IKE Project Management results in increased effectiveness and efficiencies on quality of output. Utilizing the IKE’s proprietary technology and know-how allows for seamless implementation of best practices, tailored coaching, and quality control to deliver efficiencies. Elimination of historical friction points allows for ease of collection and delivery in full, on time, and in scope.
Critical success factors:
- cna competently run a project
- Field teams are trained to SOW
- Field team collect at high rates of productivity
Field Data Consulting (FDC) Project Setup
- Act as the on-call senior level FDC contact
- Responsible for Statement of Work Alignment and Understanding
- Review and refine the form.
- Consult with the customer on preloaded data and route management.
- Responsible for creating/developing the personalized project best practice guide for customer
Outcomes: FCC Project Setup ensures that the customers have a thorough understanding of the Statement of Work. Comment friction points are eliminated and field teams and IKE Analyze receive immediate communications which allow for a smooth transition from pre production runs to production.
Daily Performance Management
- Advanced Kibana Metrics
- Breakdown of Poles Collected
- Metrics to identify and implement coaching points
Outcomes: Provides at- a- glance field performance of fielders using predefined parameters utilizing ESRI GIS dashboards. Identify personnel that need additional coaching and provide actionable data for project meetings and help meet the pre identified metrics of projects or allow for accurate adjustments when necessary.
Quality Control on Collected Data
- Quality Control of Data
- Recollects Identified and Delivered
- Coaching on how to mitigate re-work
Outcomes: Immediate feedback provided to end users allowing for field delivery in full, on time, in scope. Allows for faster processing of billable poles.
Access to on call senior level FDC Consultant
- On call FDC Consultant to answer any questions regarding project
- Process Improvement
- FDC Consultation for additional projects
Outcomes: Inefficient field practices are easily identified and mitigated leading to greater confidence when adopting the IKE Solution. IKE becomes the customer standard for field collection.
II. Field Training and Consulting
ikeGPS has a well received training program established. The objective of Field Training and Consulting is to build upon our past successes and tailor our training to our business offerings while maintaining the success of our current methodologies.
IKE Training and Consulting
- Responsible for supporting/implementing Self Perform Training
- Delivery of FDC IKE Analyze Training
- Support training through IKE University
Outcomes: Training is a core component of IKE’s success with our customers. Training is moving to an online engaged model while retaining premium onsite capabilities. Training covers a variety of industry workflows to allow our customers to become immediately effective on their Projects with very little ramp time.
FDC Self Perform Training
for customers to become familiar with the IKE Solution. Training covers both IKE Office and IKE Field and is more generalized. Self Perform Customers will have the option for consulting as an upsell opportunity for the FDC section.
- Provide Familiarization training to both external and internal customers
- Provide IKE University Supplements
- Complete IKE Platform training for customers
- Responsible for reviewing Initial data
- Provide a consulting service for other projects for an additional source of revenue
Outcomes: FDC Self Perform Training allows for customers to meet their own internal requirements while utilizing the IKE to its highest potential, both in Office and in Field. Self Perform Customers receive ongoing support in the beginning of their adoption of the IKE Platform, becoming their standard for aerial pole work.
FDC IKE Analyze Training
IKE is the expert with our solution. FDC IKE Analyze allows for companies to focus on fielding and allows for extremely specialized field training tailored completely to the workflow for their specific project. Field Coaching is continuous which allows for quality data from the field for processing by Analyze team.
- Deliver tailored training to project.
- Use IKE University to supplement training.
- Provide training with a heavy focus on field training.
- Implementation of best practices
- Ongoing data reviews
Outcomes: Comprehensive training for IKE Analyze Projects allows for immediately actionable data from the field to our office teams. Customers are trained with quality and efficiency in mind and receive front end quality assurance from the FDC Manager and proactive coaching points based on the Statement of Work and best practice implementation.
Virtual IKE University Training
IKE recognizes the need for customers to continue operating as well as for our people to train them effectively and safely. As such, IKE is standing up an MVP online training program to address short term needs that take us from addressing the immediate needs of the business to creating a value-add platform that becomes part of our key offering.
- MVP Stand up is complete.
- Provide an ongoing source of revenue which is subscription-based.
- Ability to stand up additional workflows for specific use cases and workflows.
Outcomes: IKE University helps FDC Training become more scalable and less labor intensive, allowing our customers to train on their time with a less of an impact on productions. IKE University is a critical part of FDC moving forward with larger enterprise customers.
III. Subcontract Field Data Collection Framework
Several key customers have asked ikeGPS to collect data on their behalf for various ongoing projects consisting of fiber, small cell, and storm hardening. These customers include Crown Castle, AT&T, Florida Power and Light (FPL), and more. ikeGPS has an opportunity to provide field data collection services to strategic accounts. This is done through:
IKE Field Data Collection
- Collect data for 3rd Party Contractors
- Perform Quality Control of work on data collection
- Provide Operational Reviews annually or before a project is offered to a contractor for RFP.
- Health and Safety
Outcomes: FDC is a revenue generating function with capabilities which allow IKE to scale aggressively and leverage new opportunities while eliminating the inconsistent use of our hardware by other parties and the universal IKE Record is seen as the industry de facto standard.
3rd Party Subcontractors
- Ensure that MSA (or CSA) is in place
- Ensure that the Proper Insurance Levels are in place with regards to:
- Commercial General Liability
- Business Automobile Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Employers Liability
- Provide an appropriate Human Resources Program
- Ensure there is an established Process for hiring qualified individuals to perform contracted work
- Perform contracted work as required
- Responsible for adherence to Standard Operating Procedures for Project
- Establish the lead time necessary to deploy external assets into the field
- Develop relationships with FDC accredited companies that allow IKE to deploy field collection service throughout the US.
Outcomes: IKE 3rd Party Subcontractors allow IKE to accommodate large volume projects while maintaining control of the field collection process thus enforcing quality. They are the go-to solution for large projects with clearly defined workflows for meeting our customer obligations.
- Quality analysis performed on collected field data
- Engage in proactive coaching to field teams
- Deliver Performance Reviews to 3rd Party Contractors
- Responsible for Onboarding through Contractor Service Agreement, Initial Operational Review and Insurance Verification.
- Ensuring that Contractor Service Agreements (CSA) are in place
- Responsible for Regional operation boundaries & project timeline
- Responsible for Insurance verification
- Maintain and manage the Risk Register: historical vs. proposed
Outcomes: Quality Control allows for predictable results from the field and quick processing for the IKE Analyze team while keeping the 3rd Party Contractor productive and on task. Leverage ESRI to deliver performance reviews both to IKE’s Leadership team and the 3rd Party Contractor.
Onboarding allows for IKE to have go to Contractors on hand for FDC projects as they become available. IKE has identified 3rd Party Contractors which allows us to be agile and respond aggressively to projects. We have 5 preferred partners currently with a large US footprint.
Health and Safety
IKE will need to furnish standard operating procedures centered around health, wellness and safety of its contractors. Due to the inherent risk associated with field data collection, it will be pertinent to make sure that these crews are well versed to respond to a number of different scenarios. Risk, and recognizing the possibility of loss or injury inherent in field environments where projects are located so it will be necessary to outline and understand potential risks to reduce the likelihood of negative consequences.
- Provide the necessary risk assessments.
- Communicate and update standard operating procedures on health, wellness and safety to all contractors and alerting them to any high-risk issues.
- Ensure that all contractor crews are aware of well-versed in responses to different scenarios.
- Keep up to date with legislation around health and safety requirements in the workplace
Ability to motivate and lead the team through vision for department, clear goals and clear communication of process, etc. to deliver output. Leads others in a way that promotes and demonstrates ikeGPS’s core values. Treats people with respect. Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and is willing to explain reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Effectively plans and organizes work to achieve desired outcomes; proactive, remains focused, takes action to overcome obstacles and follows through to completion with little or no supervision.
Is fair, open, honest and consistent in behavior and can be relied upon and generates confidence in others through professional and ethical behavior. Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Builds and maintains positive and productive working relationships and networks both internally and externally as required.
Capable and willing to mentor and guide peers and others in their growth to ensure consistency and maintainability of the product range.
Able to organize own work and priorities and balance these against business needs.
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Day-to-day people management of the team, Able to effectively manage and develop an effective team of direct reports.
Identifies areas of development and provides coaching/mentoring as needed. Upholds the IKE value of manaakitanga by addressing areas of performance and the achievement of objectives constructively and in a timely manner.
Persuading and influencing
Gains the cooperation of others by seeking their points of view; understands differing views and identifies points of agreement; negotiates solutions to meet the objectives of all parties where possible; confidently advocates a preferred project approach team which allows others to be convinced.
Excellent communicator able to adjust to the appropriate levels and avenues of communication at the appropriate time to ensure that everyone is up to date on development. Adept at keeping communication lines open. Communicates effectively, clearly and informatively in both verbal and written communication.
Capable of sound judgement, with clear explanations of reasoning behind decisions. Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of autonomy and accountability.
Has the technical know-how to perform at the required level. Is able to recognize own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities as needed. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Selection Criteria – Essential
- Understanding of and ability to identify overhead communication assets (coax cables, copper cables, fiber cables, messengers, guy wires, power supplies, antenna, amplifiers, splices, etc.)
- Strong demonstration of accuracy and efficiency in daily work..
- Ability to accomplish goals and make decisions independently
- Strong Communications with all operational assets
- Be knowledgeable and conversant about IKE’s products and offerings
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years industry experience in communications or utility space
- Computer skills required: (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Google Docs, Sheets, Earth and Maps)
- Demonstrable experience working within teams to achieve organizational goals
- Experience working with all major Pole Loading Applications: (Pole Foreman, Ocalc, SpidaCalc)
- Working understanding of Communication and Power field collection practices
- Hands-on experience with electric utilities, communication companies and/or engineering service providers.
- Formal Classroom Instructor
- Project Management
- Prior Experience leading teams
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires working at a computer terminal either standing or sitting for the entire workday.
- Must be able to walk and carry equipment minimum 8 hours in all weather conditions and terrain
- Ability to travel (50%)