Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer
North America Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
About the Role
imgix is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering group. In this role, you will work alongside other Site Reliability Engineers on your team, along with other engineers in order to build and operate the highly available and performant infrastructure that powers image delivery for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
The Infrastructure group is involved in building and operating the imgix image processing API and encouraging operational best practices throughout the entire engineering organization.
- Interested in building and operating highly reliable and performant distributed systems.
- Familiar with maintenance and implementation continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Have performed on call duties from alert to trouble shooting to resolution and incident remediation
- Have experience working in a containerized environment
- Has experience building repeatable and sustainable infrastructure in both greenfield and legacy situations
About the Role
- Support a high uptime image rendering service that responds to customer requests in real-time. The service utilizes technologies such as HAProxy, Envoy, nginx, and several Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offerings.
- Ongoing participation in the review and testing process for our production services.
- Scaling high-performance caching services built on top of Varnish.
- Potential for occasional on-site work at our data center locations as part of deployment and maintenance of equipment alongside on-site vendors.
- Using tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, BigQuery, and Stackdriver (among others) to observe and measure the imgix infrastructure for performance and reliability.
- Custom tool and service development using Python, Golang, and LUA.
- Build infrastructure tooling that can be shared with and used by the entire company.
- Other technologies: Terraform, shell scripts.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly dynamic and real time imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
imgix currently operates as a mostly remote workplace with employees distributed around the world. This role can be remote, with the option of being based in our San Francisco office when it is appropriate and our office can safely reopen. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401(k), medical, dental, and vision), perks are generous, vacation time is flexible, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are in line with industry averages.
For the health and safety of all of our employees, imgix requires COVID-19 vaccinations for any employee who wishes to work out of the San Francisco office or attend in-person company events.