Director, User Experience
🇺🇸 USA Only
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
As the Director of User Experience, you will lead our growing user research and design team. Our ideal candidate is skilled as both a design leader and people leader. You know your craft and have helped others mature their practice. You know how to work in an agile SaaS development environment and ensure a cohesive portfolio-level experience for our users. Your coworkers recommend you as someone with exceptional design skills and who has made a positive difference in their careers. Reports to SVP of Product Development.
- Operate as a UX thought leader and advocate for design thinking across our organization
- Ensure a cohesive userexperience across our entire portfolio
- Guide team to establish a comprehensive set of personas and user journeys to connect how users interact with our products over time and articulate what they are thinking, seeing, and doing each step
- Partner with product directors/managers to leverage personas/user journeys to inform roadmaps
- Develop a unified blueprint with key user-flows and wireframes to help tell the story of our future
- Advocate the role of user experience design across the organization and ensure quality outcomes of UX team
- Provide leadership and guidance to the user experience team by defining standards, guidelines, best practices, processes and determining how the user experience team interacts with other groups.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education plus professional experience required
- Ten or more years in creating user-centered designs for digital products
- At least 5 years of experience mentoring and managing a team of UX designers
- Mastery knowledge of human-centered design principles
- Rich understanding of user experience practices (user research, moderating, UX strategy, usability, accessibility, information architecture, product design, interaction design)
- Ability to create and maintain high quality UX deliverables
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and different levels of management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous healthcare and/or reference data management experience strongly preferred, but not required
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.