Virtual Data Steward
RoleAll Other Remote
Welcome! Before we get started, we'd like to recommend that you read the entire job listing and follow the instructions in it carefully. Lots of people don't do this, and it makes a bad first impression because reading instructions and following them precisely are incredibly important things to do if you want to be successful in a remote job like this one. :)
- 100% Remote—WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- Flexible hours—work whenever you want
- Friendly and supportive globally distributed team—no matter what time it is, someone somewhere in the world is online to say hello and answer questions =)
Index is a virtual business development assistant that integrates human (that's you!) and artificial intelligence directly into the customer relationship management (CRM) software used by law firms. Firms use us to ensure that the data in their CRM stays accurate and up to date. ⚙
Our team is fully distributed with colleagues across four continents and a few full-time world-wanderers who land in a different time zone every few weeks.
We're committed to building a company culture that values flexibility, bilateral feedback, and continuous improvement at every level.
You can check out the company website here: https://index.io/
We're looking for a Virtual Data Steward to research the people in our client firms' CRMs. We'll equip you with the tools to find their LinkedIn pages and email addresses, and you'll use those tools to make sure that each person's details are complete, correct, and up-to-date.
- The starting pay rate is $4 USD per hour
- 100% remote working environment with flexible scheduling (you decide when you work and how many hours you work)
- There will be opportunities for advancement into QA (Quality Assurance) and Team Management roles based on your personal preferences and your performance metrics (volume, speed and accuracy)
- At least one year of professional work experience, preferably dealing with data entry and/or customer relationship management.
- English language proficiency—currently all of our customers are headquartered in the United Kingdom and the USA.
- Linguistic learner—we can hand you an online manual of extensive written instructions and you will be able to read and follow those instructions in order to learn how to do the job independently.
- Attention to detail—our clients buy our product to ensure that their data is accurate, so we need folks with a laser eye for catching and eliminating typos and inconsistencies.
- Good time management skills—you'll be working completely remotely! This means you can work from your backyard, the local pub, or a beach in Jamaica, but it also means you'll need to be able to manage your own time really well.
- Responsiveness—we're a young, growing company and things change a lot! You'll need to be vigilant about keeping up with instant messages, emails, and changes to the documentation for all types of tasks you work on.
- Resourcefulness—if your direct manager is offline, you'll need to be able to look up the answers to your questions in our online wiki, work through them with with a teammate, or find a workaround until leadership can get back to you.
- Kindness—we're a global community with teammates from all sorts of different places and backgrounds, and we think it's important to approach our differences with compassion and curiosity.
- Research professional contacts in our client firms' customer relationship management (CRM) databases to locate their LinkedIn or other business profiles
- Update each contact's details (Work Status, Company Name, Job Title, Location, and Email Address)
- Maintain satisfactory volume and accuracy metrics
- Do a minimum of 400 tasks per week (each task takes 60-90 seconds)
- Maintain an average accuracy score of ≥ 85%
- Be responsive to communication from your team (this includes keeping up to date with work emails, announcements made in Slack channels relevant to your job, direct Slack messages from management, and ongoing changes to the task guide documentation for any tasks you work on)
- Our expectation is that you respond to any messages or emails within 48 hours at the most (i.e. 2 business days), not counting weekends or holidays. This is true unless you are on the out-of-office calendar (then we won't expect a response until your first day back).
- Attend a 30-minute company all hands meeting every other Wednesday at 8am San Francisco time (or watch the recording if you can't attend)
- Attend a 30-minute 1:1 with your direct manager every other week at a pre-agreed time that works for both of you
- Submit an invoice for your hours worked by the 7th of each month
All you need to do is attach your resume and write a quick note to introduce yourself. In your note, please include your answers to the following three questions:
- Why are you interested in being a Virtual Data Steward at Index?
- Have you ever worked remotely? If so, what was the job and what challenges did you face trying to do it remotely? If not, what challenges do you think you might face working remotely?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
We'll let you know within two weeks whether we would like to move forward. If so, you'll receive a trial task to do in a Google spreadsheet. It should take you less than 90 minutes and we'll pay you for the time if you're hired. After the trial task, a team member will reach out to let you know whether or not we'd like to schedule a 30-minute interview. You'll usually have a first interview with our People Operations Associate and a second with our Head of People Ops. After the interview(s), we'll make a decision. We're looking forward to getting to know you! :)