Tax Director w/ R&D tax experience
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
What We Do InDinero uses technology and services to help businesses grow. Our mission is to provide every small to medium-sized business with a strategic Accounting, Tax or Finance team, on their own terms and budget. We have a simple formula to serve our clients: we hire and train the best people, we build amazing technology to leverage across our clients, and we share learnings from the thousands of growing businesses we serve. Is it possible to make Tax, Accounting and Finance both valuable and delightful for our clients? We definitely think so! At inDinero, Taxation is so much more than returns; we help our clients’ businesses thrive through our unwavering commitment to excellent customer service. With our full stack of services, from Tax to Accounting to Finance, we take a holistic approach to our service offerings. We’re looking for a client-obsessed Tax Director to help build out our strategic advisory function. Must have a builder’s mindset! This role will be remote, reporting to the Senior Tax Director.
- Champions the development of tax strategies to support the company’s growth and business initiatives.
- Intimate knowledge of Research and Development tax issues, analyzing organizations and maximizing the R&D tax benefit.
- Comprehensive technical skills with research credit regulations from the IRS, research credit case law, and utilizing R&D databases.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Stays abreast of tax law changes in the U.S. to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities.
- Manages multiple federal and state income tax compliance engagements.
- Develops and executes tax planning strategies.
- Supports income tax audits and responding to state tax notices and other similar correspondence.
- Performs research related to federal, state and local tax issues as they arise; document tax implications accordingly.
- Collaborates with accounting team members on client engagements.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Minimum of five years experience working in public accounting and growth technology companies.
- CPA license required.
- Masters Degree in Tax or MBA preferred.
- Deep technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues.
- Experience successfully running multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements.
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with the ability to leverage, coach and motivate talent to inspire action and achieve results.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach.
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker.
- You are detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight.
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The ability to work from home with related perks/benefits.
- Teammates to collaborate and learn from across the US and Philippines.
- Flexible working hours.
- ‘Donut’ - connecting staff across the company in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat.
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time.
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process.
- Meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team quarterly.
- Diverse and talented client-base.
- Reasonable annual billable hour goals (averaging 1400 - 1600 chargeable hours).
- No portable business is required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources