🇺🇸 USA Only
Who we are
At Informed K12, we're on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University's Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford's StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more about us at www.informedk12.com.
About the role
Informed K12 is in an exciting stage with our company and ready to scale across the country. We are looking for a Product Manager who can Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that improve overall experience.
This role requires working cross-functionally with engineers, product designers, and customer success teams and setting a strong long-term vision and plan for our platform, our users, and our product team. This role will oversee product updates and new features from their conception to launch, along with each new iteration. In other words, they're the point person throughout the entire product lifecycle, from the product strategy phase to the go-to-market phase.
Responsibilities will include:
- Uses market research to get ideas for products that customers will want
- Helps to oversee the design and manufacture and planning how to market and promote the product to the public
- Defines product marketing communication objectives
- Compares the company's products to competitor's products in order to assess competition in the market
- Provides management with analyses and reports and responding to questions and requests from management
- Specifies and oversees the research needed to determine the needs and desires of customers
- Reviews and adjusts inventory levels and product production schedules to maintain product availability
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of product management experience (ability to define use cases, prioritize backlog, perform customer interviews) of a B2B web-based software company (SaaS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required since the Product Manager has to communicate with team members, other departments, upper management and consumers of the company's products
- Expertise in the product or market including specific technical or industry knowledge
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience
- Early-stage startup experience, or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in K-12 schools or district
How to apply:
- Fill out the application below
- Please attach a resume and cover letter. Reference this prompt for your cover letter: https://bit.ly/2viw1vY
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.