Irvine, California office
RoleManagement and Finance
About the Job
We are a mission-oriented accessibility technology company looking for a passionate and data-driven Finance Director to oversee all aspects of financial planning and analysis. The Finance Director will be integral in supporting our fast-growing business and building a best-in-class finance function. We are looking for entrepreneurial and self-motivated candidates who thrive in fast-paced, startup environments where you can make a meaningful impact and play a senior leadership role within the team.
This position will be based in our Irvine, California office, but we are open to remote and flex positions based on the candidate's experience and work preference.
If you are interested in joining a successful startup technology business where you can make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of people every day - apply now!
InnoCaption is a fast-growing startup that ranked #1,017 in the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for 2021 and #271 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. InnoCaption provides free, real-time captioning of phone calls through a mobile app, available on both iOS and Android devices. Our service helps the deaf and hard of hearing community make and receive cell phone calls with confidence! Our technology provides users with a choice between captions generated by automated speech recognition software or live stenographers (highly trained court reporters).
InnoCaption is a captioned phone service provider that is certified and paid for by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which allows our service to be offered free of charge to eligible users. For more information, visit innocaption.com or look for our app from your phone on either the Play Store or App Store.
Examples of responsibilities may include:
- Lead day to day finance functions of the organization
- Review business KPI's and run ad-hoc analyses to support strategic business decision processes
- Present monthly finance and business performance reports for the executive team
- Create efficient, automation-driven finance processes that will allow us to easily scale and grow
- Lead budgeting and financial forecast modeling and tracking processes
- Lead monthly reviews of expenses with departmental leaders across the business
- Oversee monthly closing processes by working with bookkeepers and support staff
- Coordinate with tax advisors to ensure compliance with federal and state tax reporting requirements
- Strong work ethic and extremely high degree of personal responsibility
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP accounting principles and concepts
- Experience with ERP systems and strong analytical skills using Excel and data analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have valid US work authorization
- Be part of a mission-driven team, helping the deaf and hard of hearing community!
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan
- 401k retirement savings plan with generous employer match