Senior Software Quality Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Intellum is the creator and leader of the customer education market. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team who truly cares about delivering remarkable learning experiences.
Our Engineering, Product, and QA team currently consists of about 35 people and operates from the Americas, Europe and Oceania. Remote has been the bedrock of our culture for over a decade.
At Intellum, you will be joining a very successful organization and help the largest and fastest-moving brands in the world successfully educate their customers, partners, and employees.
Read more about our company here
What we offer:
- Remote Working with a flexible schedule, supported by a strong culture of asynchronous communication.
- Working together with a team of smart, interesting people with the lightest, most supportive structure possible to be successful.
- Varied, interesting technical challenges for talented engineers to tackle and large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus on getting things done.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in our mission to improve the lives of others through educational technologies.
What we’re looking for:
The Intellum Senior Software Quality Engineer is part of the cross-functional development team working alongside Software Engineers, Designers and Product Managers in the product development lifecycle. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is a software quality expert for their development pod, sitting within the Engineering department.
The Senior Software Quality Engineer will conduct exploratory and scripted testing, bug identification, implement test automation, provide consultation to the Product Manager in the development of upcoming product initiatives, and is responsible for the overall quality and integrity of new features in their product area. The Senior Software Quality Engineer also acts as a reference for less experienced team members and assists them using her/his experience in QA and Intellum’s products.
- Participate in all development pod activities and discussions alongside Developers and Product Managers.
- Responsible for product quality, including but not limited to application defects and user experience gaps.
- Create and execute test plans; perform end-to-end Functional Testing, Exploratory Testing, and Non-Functional Testing of web and mobile applications.
- Work with Developers to document, troubleshoot, reproduce and fix application defects.
- Work with the Client Support team to triage client bug reports and assess their impact in preparation for their prioritization by the corresponding Pod.
- Contribute to upcoming product initiatives by identifying gaps in functionality, user experience or quality of the new feature.
- Serve as a product expert who knows the ins and outs of their product and can answer questions from various internal teams about product features and behavior.
- Support product documentation teams with detailed knowledge about upcoming features.
- Collaborate with the other Software Quality Engineers to share working practices, create efficiencies and improve processes.
- Design, develop, and implement automated tests of our applications and collaborate with DevOps to add them to the CI/CD pipeline.
- Maintain and operate test automation frameworks and tools.
- Help train and guide the team to use and write automation (including documentation).
- Maintain and communicate automation status reports and scheduled build status.
- Perform code reviews for the automation delivered by the rest of the team.
- 4+ years of experience with Web UI design terminology and Web technology in general.
- 4+ years of previous software QA experience.
- 2+ years of experience and interest in test automation, especially E2E browser automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently.
- Ability to attend meetings requiring verbal communication throughout the workday.
- Ability to maintain standard working hours with flexibility across time zones.
- Ability to work with Product Managers and other resources to thoroughly understand requirements.
- Ability to write required test documentation confidently, in a clear and concise form; as well as detailed defect reports and test run results.
- Ability to see products from the end user’s perspective and always have their needs in mind.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment and cloud platforms.
- Previous experience working with Git and GitHub.
- Solid knowledge of software testing best practices and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively within a distributed team in a remote environment
- Proficiency in regression, smoke, functional and non-functional testing across different OS’s, browsers and platforms.
- 1+ year of experience with PlayWright test automation framework.
- 1+ year of experience in Object Oriented Programming.
- 1+ year of experience in building and maintaining CI/CD tools.
- 1+ year of experience working with Jenkins.
- 1+ year of experience working with AWS.
- Any previous experience working with TypeScript.
- Any previous experience working with Kubernetes.
- Any previous experience working with mobile test automation frameworks.
- ISTQB certified.
- Bachelor’s degree with technical focus (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Occasional irregular work hours
- A competitive compensation within the industry
- Insurance (For US Based Only)
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered for some employee only plans
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching (US Based Only)
- Education (Available to all employees)
- $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We value curiosity, creativity, perseverance and kindness every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.