🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
International Consulting Associates, Inc. is a rapidly growing company, located in the D.C./Metro area. We were founded in 2009 to assist firms with evaluating and achieving their objectives. We have become a trusted advisor helping our clients by offering cutting-edge innovation and solutions to complex projects. Our small company has grown significantly, and we're overjoyed at the opportunity to expand yet again! We offer a range of management solutions and technical services on domestic and international programs. We are results focused and have a proven track record supporting federal agencies and large government services primes in three main areas: Research and Data Analysis, Advanced Data Science, and Strategic Services. And if that isn't amazing enough, ICA has established itself as a critical partner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We currently support multiple analytics and research programs with offices including the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) and the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM).
We believe in our people! We support our high performing team and encourage work / life balance. We strive to create and foster an environment of collaboration - one team. We care about our mission and delivering value that makes a real-world impact. We are committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic and highly skilled teams into an atmosphere that is safe and inclusive. We are passionate about creating solutions that leverage technology, data science, and machine learning to help make our world a better place!
Are you fascinated at the prospect of working at the forefront of advanced technology and solving complex data challenges? Are you intrigued about an opportunity to gather data from disparate sources and then organize? As a data engineer, you will develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that make this data meaningful. You will work in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment. We need passionate data engineers to make data accessible so that our clients can use it to evaluate and optimize their performance.
We have an opportunity to implement data engineering activities like sharing your skills in analytical exploration and examination of data to support the assessment, design, build, and maintain scalable platforms, you will work with our clients to solve some of the most complex challenges. We are an innovative company that is ready to hire innovative data engineers!
You are inquisitive by nature, detail oriented, patient, and persistent, you can focus, have mechanical aptitude, and enjoy getting down into the trenches. You want to understand how and why data pipelines work. You are good at diagnosing why data pipelines do not work and offer creative solutions to get back on track.
- 3+ years of experience working with ETL, Data Modeling and Data Architecture
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/Spark
- Intermediate Linux skills
- Experience in managing large data warehouses or data lakes
- 1+ year of experience with designing and implementing machine learning, data mining, statistics, or graph algorithms in an academic or professional work environment.
- 1+ year experience with programming in Python or R
- Experience with data and cloud engineering
- Knowledge of cloud computing services
- Bachelor's degree, or higher
- Can obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience developing solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Expertise with ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at optimal latencies
- Solid knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture (lambda)- design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines
- Knowledge of Big Data stacks.
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop innovative solutions in a collaborative multi-disciplined team environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required for this role. If you do not have a current public trust clearance, ICA will help you go about obtaining one upon hire.
ICA Global is a federal contractor working directly with the U.S. Government and federal agencies. Vaccination for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a requirement for employment and applicants selected will need to provide the necessary documentation of their vaccine status.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life
- Flexible time off
- 401(k) plan with match
- Remote work from anywhere within the United States
This is a remote position. Candidates may live anywhere in the continental United States but must be willing to travel to the office in Arlington, VA for the occasional team/client meetings. Flexibility is expected of the employee to be available for client/team meetings if the employee lives outside the Eastern Time Zone.
ICA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.