Remote Foundation Technical Systems Lead
Anywhere in the World
RoleAll Other Remote
About Our Organization
The Internet Society and our supporting organization the Internet Society Foundation, share the vision that the Internet is for everyone. Together, we work to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity, supporting and promoting the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people's lives, and a force for good in society.
We connect and empower communities so that the Internet can remain open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy for all who use it.
We mobilize technologists, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you share our belief in the power of the Internet, join us and be part of our mission!
The Foundation Technical Systems Lead is responsible for managing various operational functions for the Foundation. This position works closely and collaboratively with all other Foundation functions, as well as with Internet Society's IT and systems teams. The Foundation Technical Systems Lead will ensure a smooth implementation, maintenance, enhancements, and integration of systems and tools to properly support a lean yet effective team and the Foundation's evolution. This incumbent will oversee the grants management policies and recommend best practices so that they are optimally reflected in and enacted via the design and administration of its grants management system, Fluxx.
The Foundation Technical Systems Lead will work under pressure at times, handle multiple priorities and activities, and handle confidential matters with discretion and balance. They will provide direct service to internal and external stakeholders and will apply a strategic lens to identifying how the Foundation's systems support and streamline operational procedures.
The ideal candidate would possess a body of experience with relational database systems and be able to apply demonstrated technical proficiency.
Remote - Work from home
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strive for the Foundation's operational excellence.
- Continually assess efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes and make technical improvements as necessary.
- Employ change management methodologies to support operationalizing new processes.
- Manage critical systems/functions and integrate security and data privacy best practices into technology tools.
- Provide strategic direction in prioritizing system enhancements and configuration requests.
- Employ strategic tools to develop and assess options, ensure logical reasoning, and challenge assumptions.
- Serve as a System Admin in the Foundation's grant making system (Fluxx) mastering and managing the system to meet requirements and ensuring data integrity.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Operations Specialist's Fluxx system administration, knowledge development, configuration, and troubleshooting efforts.
- Lead critical systems/functions, including system integrations across all functional areas by identifying technical gaps, anticipating team needs, and identifying and implementing new tools/systems.
- Lead data migration efforts.
- Act as lead liaison with key Internet Society (ISOC) functions, especially the IT and systems team to manage current and new integrations with ISOC systems.
- Lead efforts to resolve unusual or high-profile problems in Foundation system(s) and escalate issues to vendor(s) as needed.
- Align technology solutions with effective processes that ensure integrity of data.
- Set up all systems for optimal data analysis and sharing, in collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- Use sound judgment to balance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify, make recommendations for, and implement practical methods to incorporates DEIJ-centered approach to tools that aim to eliminate barriers to equity.
- Contribute to the development of the Operations team goals, work plans, and track and communicate progress.
- Establish the necessary technical structures for future fundraising.
- Anticipate and be responsive to changes in the Foundation's environment.
- Provide regular status updates to the Operations Director; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in operations preferably in a grant-making institution or nonprofit.
- Experience as a Fluxx Grant maker system administrator will be considered a strong plus.
- Experience at a funder organization that provides grants globally.
- Experience with requirements gathering, data migration, and systems implementations and integrations.
- Desire to understand the Foundation's current policies and procedures, how they are practically implemented in existing tools and systems, and how they strategically align with our values and support our mission.
- Ability to translate technical, policy, and financial information into clear and concise content.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Working knowledge of and desire to stay current on grants management best practices and best practices in practically applying Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice principles in all aspects of our work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills combined with the ability to proactively research issues and apply creative solutions to unusual or challenging circumstances.
- Self-starter, with proven ability to work independently and as part of a distributed global team.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing and prioritizing many activities concurrently while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English is required. Additional languages such as Spanish or French will be considered a plus.
- Communicate in a culturally appropriate and inclusive manner.
- Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel as needed; and
- Passion for, and demonstrated commitment to, a more accessible and trustworthy Internet for all.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes compensation commensurate with your qualifications, the ability to work remotely, and a 401(k) employee retirement and investment plan with a generous company contribution. We will support you by providing the tools you need in this role, and also provide other benefits such as flexible time off and parental leave policies. Compensation is dependent on location.
The Internet Society and Internet Society Foundation are proud to be equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or military/veteran status. All our employees are empowered to share their expertise and to collaborate with each other on an equal basis to achieve personal and professional goals.
Our people are our greatest strength. The Internet Society and Internet Society Foundation are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion, where everyone is valued for their distinct contributions. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent are key to our success, and make us who we are today.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved