Remote Tax Expert - CPA or EA - Work from Home
RoleManagement and Finance
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide with TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
If you are a highly motivated individual with an active, unrestricted credential (CPA/EA/Practicing Attorney) and excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using Intuit TurboTax products. You will be working toward advancing our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance, tax preparation, and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You will also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our customers and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
- Must possess active unrestricted credentials: EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or Practicing Attorney with strong tax preparation experience and extensive knowledge of tax laws.
- 2 or more years of recent experience preparing federal and state individual 1040 tax returns for at least 30 clients/customers per season for compensation, using commercial tax preparation software.
- Must possess or be able to obtain any related State licenses, certificates, permits, or bonds.
- Must possess an active Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
- Working knowledge of Circular 230.
- Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Strong customer service skills – the ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a professional, friendly, and confident manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, research skills, and determination.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a dedicated hardwired internet connection that meets Intuit Security criteria.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills (written & spoken) a plus
- Must reside in the United States.
- This is a virtual, customer-facing role; you will be using our state-of-the-art video communications software (Smartlook) to interact with customers.
- Help TurboTax customers who are working on their tax returns or have delegated their tax returns with:
- Tax advice
- Full-Service return preparation and signature
- Product/software inquires
- Tax calculations
- Create high-quality customer interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep customer empathy, and your deep (extensive) knowledge and expertise in the field of tax preparation.
- Utilize and leverage government websites, professional resources, and team expertise to seek out and deliver the right answer to the customer using everyday language.
- Apply defined practices, procedures, and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve customer tax advice and preparation inquiries.
- Document customer interactions
- Work continuously toward meeting company KPI metrics and Big Bet Goals.
- Participate in pilot testing, projects, and experience validations, as needed.
Intuit provides a competitive compensation package with a strong pay-for-performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this position is NY $$27.00 - $$36.00, CO $$25.70 - $$34.20, CA $$27.00 - $$36.00, WA $$27.00 - $$36.00. This position will be eligible for a cash bonus, equity rewards and benefits, in accordance with our applicable plans and programs (see more about our compensation and benefits at Intuit®: Careers | Benefits). Pay offered is based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and work location. To drive ongoing pay equity for employees, Intuit conducts regular comparisons across categories of ethnicity and gender.