Remote Software Quality Assurance Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Who We Are:
We are InventoryLab! Our products simplify workflows for online marketplace sellers. We streamline product sourcing, inventory management, product listing, and profitability analysis for our customers. Check us out at https://www.inventorylab.com.
How We Work:
We strive to create the best possible experience for our customers. We work in small multidisciplinary teams to plan next steps and give advice, but are also individually responsible for making it happen in our own area of expertise. You will have the freedom and responsibility to chart your own course. Working at InventoryLab means choosing your own work location every day - we have no central office. We have a Responsible Time Off Policy and full benefits package - pretty awesome for a company with less than 35 people!
This position reports to the Project Manager.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 1 year experience as an QA Engineer
- Software automation experience
- Geographically located in the US
- Ability to work shift overlapping geographically dispersed teams. (flexible daytime hours and 8:30pm-10pm Eastern US Time every 3 Wednesdays)
- Attention to detail - in fact, if we ask you later, you'll mention something about the color Island Blue
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Our whole team works remotely, which is not for everyone - you must be truly self-motivated and able to connect and thrive while working on your own deserted island
What We're Not Looking For
- Experience limited to pre-scripted testing
- Someone who wants to stay exclusively in the QA lane
- Someone afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in story reviews ensure that the requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Consult internally with IL team members to evaluate software interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of the overall system
- Maintain effective communication with leadership on project limitations, capabilities, and performance
- Continuously improve functional knowledge of IL products
- Design, develop and execute automated checks using Robot Framework
- Perform exploratory testing of new features and bug fixes
- Document and report system defects using JIRA
- Identify and communicate business risks relative to testing and implementation to the Project Manager
- Perform regression testing prior to release through a combination of automated checks and manual tests
- Regularly attends and participates in weekly and monthly conference calls.
What Could Set You Apart:
- Functional automation experience
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience with Agile/Lean Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA, Robot Framework, Selenium, and Azure Dev Ops systems
- Experience working with online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Jet, Alibaba, and Etsy - especially their API's
Benefits currently include the technology you need to be successful, 9 paid holidays, Flexible Time Off, remote work, Health/Vision/Dental insurance options, 401K with company match, Health and Fitness Reimbursement, a Home Office Allowance to customize our workspace, and working with awesome people.