Director of UX
Director of UX
Location: Remote (East Coast United States or Europe)
Invicti is an application security leader empowering organizations to continuously secure their web applications and APIs through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
Exclusively focused on this space for more than 15 years, Invicti’s products Netsparker and Acunetix bring security and development teams together to protect company data from breach through industry-leading Discovery, Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST) and Software Composition Analysis (SCA). Invicti’s proprietary Proof-Based Scanning technology is the first to deliver automation verification of vulnerabilities and proof of exploit, returning crucial time to development and security teams for critical projects and innovation.
Invicti serves more than 3,500 companies and public sector agencies worldwide including NASA, Samsung, IBM, and Verizon.
Who You Are:
Invicti is seeking an experienced hands-on UX leader who is passionate about innovating through design. The Director of UX will be responsible for our design strategy, processes, and execution, working closely with product management, engineering, and our customers.
- Setting the direction for UX design to deliver outcomes that align with corporate goals and divisional objectives
- Collaborating across business units to advocate for the customer to design solutions that are intuitive and clear
- Creating an understanding of customers’ needs by conducting user research and analyzing usage data
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create an amazing experience for our customers, constantly improving business results and addressing customer pains
- Define the UX vision for our products
- Create and implement design best practices and interaction patterns
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure a fast-paced and high-quality product design process
- Manage team member workloads and resource allocation against projects
- Attract, develop, and retain talent while ensuring professional development and work satisfaction
- Drive your team to execute on your design vision and evaluate alternative design approaches, considering the cost of implementation and the value to customers
- Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights gleaned from customer research and data analytics
- Champion principles of usability and human-centered design within and across the organization
- Define and measure product usage metrics to track user engagement and satisfaction
- Assist in project planning and estimation processes
What You’ll Need:
- 8-10 years of relevant UX experience, working with modern design processes in enterprise B2B SaaS companies. Prior experience in the application security domain is preferred.
- Experience in multiple design disciplines such as UX, User Research, Graphic Design, or design systems.
- Demonstrated success in establishing the UX vision, gaining cross-functional alignment, and implementing processes and best practices to execute on that vision
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team
- Experience managing a remote team in different locations around the world
- Passion for iterating and collaborating on complex problems
- The ability to use data and research to evaluate impact while pushing for continuous improvement that shows real business results
- Passion for user experience, problem solving, and storytelling
- Invicti has been identified as one of the Top Workplaces of 2020 by the Austin American-Statesman and one of 2021 Best Places to Work in Austin by Built In!
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Recipient 2021 (Application Security Testing)
- No. 16 on Inc. Magazine’s List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Texas
- Competitive compensation
- 100% employer-paid health benefits & 401k match
- A culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- Adult-life balance is deeply important to us - we have a discretionary time off policy & flex-remote work approach
- We’re a social bunch - from office ping-pong tournaments to virtual concerts (aka the “new normal”)
- Office space that cultivates creativity through an open and collaborative workspace
Invicti is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.