Test Automation Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
The IT department of Íslandsbanki is a collaborative group of software development professionals who work together following best practices and processes to deliver high-quality software solutions and capabilities.
- We believe in agile methodologies and cross-team synergy in product ideation and delivery.
- We reach our development goals by encouraging team autonomy, employing a modern technology stack and automated processes, deployment pipelines, testing, and quality gates.
As a test automation engineer, you will be working with a fully stacked team developing products around markets and securities at our bank. Your primary role will be to work with the development team at every stage of the development cycle to thoroughly test our API services. The team's goal is to implement automated integration API tests into our deployment pipelines so that we feel comfortable releasing them to production without the need for manual regression testing. Furthermore, you will be the main person in the team to oversee performance testing, production smoke testing and perform manual testing with the team as needed in our development cycle.
Responsibilities and duties
- Functional and non-functional (performance, basic security) testing of API services at every stage of the development cycle,
- Working closely with the team at every stage of software development, with a focus on business and technical quality of adopted solutions,
- Providing clear test documentation and test reports both from manual and automated tests,
- Being proactive, perseverant, and relentless in searching not only for bugs but also for their causes and possible solutions,
- Understanding the business to know the needs and requirements better,
- Participating in product development through cross-team collaboration,
- Collaborating with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for the software,
- Continuous improvements in operational software, automation, testing, monitoring, performance, and overall quality,
- 3+ years of experience in API testing is required
- 1+ year of experience in test automation is required
- Passion for automating everything, RESTful API first development, data and event-driven architectures.
- Experience working with API testing tools, automated testing frameworks and experience with proven success in the test automation field is a requisite.
- Experience working with our overall technical stack is a plus but not a requisite: Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Docker, GIT, MSSQL, Oracle, .NET Core/C#, OAuth / OpenID Connect
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, very high diligence and inquisitiveness
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies.
- Experience working in Banking or Fintech is a plus.
WHAT ARE PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Upskilling trainings
- Up to 10% of your week dedicated to self-development
- Conference and education budget – you name events!
- Icelandic language courses during working hours
- Multisport card
- Healthcare plan
- Life insurance policy
- Restaurant pre-paid card
- On-site restaurant and fully equipped kitchen including healthy snacks and breakfasts/coffee/refreshments
- A competitive salary 15k-19k net on B2B contract or 12.5k-15.5k gross on Employment Contract
- 25 days 100% paid time off (B2B)
- 4 extra days off (Employment Contract)
- Premium hardware (PC, screens, headphones)
- Company phone
- Flexible work schedule, emphasis on work-life balance
- (Almost) Remote work model. We ask you to participate in 3-day all team workshops in the office that happen in general every 2 months.
- Modern office in the center of Warsaw in CIC, offering yoga, game and wellness rooms, rooftop terrace, children's playroom, events and networking
- Occasional business travel to Iceland with some extra days on-site to visit the island
- Social events and team building activities
What does the recruitment process look like?
1. It will take us up to a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
2. If your profile meets our criteria, we’ll invite you for a 20-30 min phone call in English, to get to know you a bit better and tell you a bit about Islandsbanki.
3. If there is potential for a match, we will invite you to 1-2h interview (preferably at our office in Warsaw but remote works for us too). It’ll be divided into two parts. First, we’d love to hear more about your experience, and tell you a bit more about the project you will be working on in first. After a short break, we’ll jump into the technical part where you’ll have the chance to truly show off your skills.
4. Depending on your performance on the interview we can also invite you to solve a few tasks online. You’ll have around a week’s time to complete it.
5. Regardless of our decision, we will make sure that you receive timely feedback during each stage of the process.
6. If it turns out that we're a great match for each other then welcome to ISB Software Development Center! We'll be happy to start your onboarding shortly.