Sr. Visual/UI Designer
5 to 7 years
Who We Are
Founded in 2016, ItsaCheckmate is the industry leader in providing true end-to-end integration between restaurant point of sale (POS) systems and over 100 third party delivery and ordering platforms. Our technology automatically accepts orders from these platforms, injects them directly into the restaurant’s existing POS, and sends them to the kitchen printers - without any manual involvement at all. We help restaurant operators grow their revenue without increasing costs.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be a designer first and foremost, but knowledge of web development is a big plus. Due to a recent partnership with Open:Tender (https://www.opentender.io/) you must have experience with designing branded marketing websites for a range of companies with different brand aesthetics. Experience designing websites for restaurants or hospitality companies is ideal.
This role will require a very hands-on approach of building out branded products (both websites and mobile apps) for our restaurant clients. This will require reviewing the client’s marketing website and other publicly available brand assets and mirroring their brand experience as closely as possible on our platform. Great attention to detail is an absolute must. Familiarity with CSS is a plus since a large part of this role is customizing CSS properties through our open source platform. The goal is to impress the client with the first draft and convince them that our platform is the best choice for their digital ordering (e-commerce) business.
In most cases, the client’s brand aesthetic will have already been established, and your role will be to apply this aesthetic to the client’s site on our platform. That being said, there is a lot of room for creativity, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the envelope and design eye-catching and memorable experiences. We’re also looking for someone who can work closely with our development team to come up with new ideas for design elements and user experiences that will expand the flexibility of the platform and allow for more diverse designs from one brand to the next. We would like to find someone who can help us take the platform to the next level and design truly engaging experiences across both mobile apps and the web. Consequently, experience designing branded mobile apps is a big plus.
You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. You will be working across multiple brands simultaneously, and you should be able to form a set of consistent processes around this task. We will also look to you to train others in how to use our self-service platform to design sites (both clients and internal team members), and to build a team around this task in order to multiply your efforts.
This role is 100% remote, fulltime.
- Design and build client websites using our platform.
- Develop a process and workflow that can be used to train a small team and multiply the output of your work
- Ensure the highest quality in the look and feel of the client website and mobile app.
- Collaborate with the development team and other teams to come up with new ideas to expand the flexibility of the platform.
- BS/BFA in Web Design, Graphic Design or related field or relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years as a Visual/UI Designer
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effect, InDesign, etc.
- Portfolio of design work demonstrating strong design process and web design skills
- Strong grasp of modern web design patterns and user interfaces, including mobile experiences both on the web and in mobile apps
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Similar experience building websites / CMS tools such as WordPress, HubSpot, Webflow, etc is a plus.
- Experience at a design agency where you have been involved in branded marketing website development projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of CSS is a plus
- Experience leading a team is a plus
- Able to function independently in a remote team and fast-paced environment, with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- United States (US) candidates only
- Competitive health benefits, unlimited FTO