Customer Support & Order Management - Baloo Living
🇺🇸 USA Only
Click here to watch a video by Elizabeth, the owner & CEO of Baloo Living:
Would you like to be a part of an exciting startup of young workers where you can learn & grow with the company?
Do you enjoy working in a relaxed and fun atmosphere?
Do you have experience in customer support and a desire to work in this field?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you to get a dream job… And a perfect opportunity for us to get a great new addition to our remote team!
But, before we go on, let us tell you a little bit more about what we do here at Baloo Living.
At Baloo Living, we create products that naturally improve sleep & reduce stress. Our sustainably-produced products serve the body’s natural health and balance — and are tailored for the moments when the person you most want to spend time with is… yourself.
Our brand’s flagship product is the Baloo Weighted Blanket, guaranteeing the best quality & breathable sleep.
At Baloo Living we are an eco-friendly company, working to support the environment & our communities. We use plastic-free packaging & our products are securely packed in reusable fabric dustbags, and we also support fair trade and sustainability throughout the fashion industries in the US and the UK!
We are a start-up of young workers, with a vibrant and energetic culture.
The team members work from different parts of the world, and we try to inject some levity and allow the team to get to know each other outside of work. We have watercooler chat prompts in Slack, and organize Friday team meetings where everyone shares the best personal and work wins for the week!
At Baloo Living, we practice what we preach. That’s why we have implemented a Day of Rest every quarter - when the entire team takes the day off together. By having a paid personal day off as a team, we support each other in decompressing and having a healthy work-life balance.
Right now, we are looking for a Customer Support & Order Management professional.
The ideal candidate has a friendly and outgoing attitude, with patience and empathy to help customers and kindly answer their questions. You also need to have a meticulous work ethic, with the ability to tailor key messages to a diverse group of customers.
As the new Customer Support & Order Management professional, you will:
- Communicate with customers by answering phone calls, messages, and emails through the helpdesk tool Gorgias
- Work within Shopify to load and edit orders as needed
- Troubleshoot shipping issues, communicate with the warehouse, and answer customer questions about their orders
- Provide expert advice on products & offer recommendations to customers
- Stay up to date on inventory availability, planned sales, discounts, etc. (communicated through Slack and Google Sheets reports)
- Be familiar with company policies as established in the FAQs & through training; and assist customers within those guidelines
- Communicate and collaborate with the team
Full training will be provided during the onboarding process, including self-training material, check-ins and 1-on-1 training with the CXM.
After you are comfortable with the overall systems and processes, you’ll be trained on the Order Management responsibilities. The customer service and operations team will have weekly meetings with the CEO and the Director of Operations, where you’ll have a chance to discuss changes and challenges, tackle any issues, and build team cohesion.
This is a full-time position, with the flexibility to set preferred hours. However, you need to be available to work four hours within the EDT or CDT time zones to have some overlap with the rest of the team. You’ll also need to attend team meetings twice a week.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, read on!
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need:
- Experience in eCommerce order management
- Experience using order management tools (Magento, Shopify, SalesForce or similar)
- Experience in Customer Support
- Experience using customer support tools (Zendesk, Gorgias or similar)
- Experience working with consumer brands
- Excellent written & spoken English skills
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Great attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with 3PLs
- University background (completed or not)
This position is perfect for someone who has enough experience to take initiative, overcome challenges and get the job done. You’ll need to be able to work unsupervised within a startup team, readily answer customer support inquiries and make sure orders ship seamlessly on a daily basis.
What’s in it for you?
- $10 - $12* per hour
- Full-time & fully remote
- 10 days of paid annual leave
- 10 paid American holidays a year + 4 rest days a year
- Strong morale & supportive leadership
- Free product samples
- Potential for salary increases based on performance & contribution
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply, JobRack will respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
1 - Filling in the application form once you click “Apply”
2 - Being invited to record a short video to introduce yourself
3 - Completing test tasks, if short-listed
4 - Attending video interviews where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role
Applications are only accepted through JobRack. Baloo Living has specifically requested that you do not contact them directly. If you have any questions please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
To make sure you receive updates on your application please add email@example.com to your email address book.
Got questions about working remotely? Check out JobRack’s FAQ for answers to everything you might want to know. https://jobrack.eu/jobseeker-faq