Data Researcher & Annotator - Healthcare
RoleAll Other Remote
John Snow Labs is an award-winning AI and NLP company, accelerating progress in data science by providing state-of-the-art software, data, and models. Founded in 2015, it helps healthcare and life science companies build, deploy, and operate AI products and services. John Snow Labs is the winner of the 2018 AI Solution Provider of the Year Award, the 2019 AI Platform of the Year Award, the 2019 International Data Science Foundation Technology award, and the 2020 AI Excellence Award.
John Snow Labs is the developer of Spark NLP - the world's most widely used NLP library in the enterprise - and is the world's leading provider of state-of-the-art clinical NLP software, powering some of the world's largest healthcare & pharma companies. John Snow Labs is a global team of specialists, of which 31% hold a Ph.D. or M.D. and 75% hold at least a Master's degree in disciplines covering data science, medicine, software engineering, pharmacy, DevOps and SecOps.
We are looking for a US-Based Rockstar data researcher in the healthcare space, who has the clinical and academic background to find & annotate useful data sets. The core aspect of this role is the annotation of clinical notes & other free-text documents - in order to make it easier for software, analytics & data science teams to train natural language processing models.
* Label and annotate clinical notes and other healthcare documents for symptoms, diagnoses, procedures, drugs, allergies, adverse events, vital signs, and lab results
* Extract multiple useful data sets from files, publications, and other sources
* Write clearly to explain the content, values and schema of each data set
* Collaborate with project & release managers to prioritize which data sets to research & annotate
* Communicate gaps in annotation guidelines, edge cases, and suggestions for improvement of the data research and annotation project for the whole team.
* Based and located in the United States
* Proven healthcare domain expertise - preferably as a clinician, although clinical coders and health data researchers are also welcome to apply
* Strong attention to detail and understanding of detail clinical, operational, and financial healthcare concepts
* Familiarity with the home health industry is preferred
* An advanced degree such as a PhD, MD or similar professional or academic experience is preferred
* Concrete & proven experience in data research, in areas such as data curation, database modeling/querying, statistics, data science or academic research.
* If you are hired and contribute data to our repository, your name, photo & short bio will appear as a contributor on our website - please do not apply if this is problematic.
* A commitment for 40 hours/week is required
* Only individual freelancers please - no agencies, teams, or companies
* This can potentially be a long-term relationship - we are looking to significantly grow our team - and may grow to include other writing or research assignments.
If you are interested, please apply with a cover letter that includes the words "John Snow Labs" and explains why you are the right person for this role.
- We are a fully virtual company, collaborating across 22 countries
- Looking for U.S. based applicants on this role.
- This role requires the availability of at least 30 hours per week.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved