Judo is searching for a skilled Product Designer to play a key role in helping us delight our users with a world-class product experience.
Judo is a server-driven UI platform for iOS and Android apps that frees up countless hours for product, marketing and engineering teams. Using our Mac app, teams can build user interfaces visually in a fraction of the time it would take otherwise, and can publish them instantly without submitting to the App/Play store.
Judo's iOS and Android SDKs are installed in close to 100 different apps reaching tens of millions of users. Some of our customers include DraftKings, Cabela's and the New England Patriots. Judo has established a leadership position in the emerging world of server-driven UI.
Our name derives from the martial art, a key principle of which is “maximum efficiency with minimal effort”. This concept is captured in our mission to enable product teams to build faster and iterate more frequently.
We're backed by the same group that funded Shippabo, Airtable, LaunchKit and more (TenOneTen and Freestyle VC), a top U.S. accelerator as well as several prominent angel investors. We've built a solid reputation with many of the world's leading professional sports franchises as clients, and are now charting new territory as we explore the multitude of other industries who could benefit from incorporating Judo into their native app workflows.
About our team:
We're a group of humans who believe that we're our most creative and most innovative when we have the flexibility to determine where and when we work. We're 100% remote and intend to stay that way. Currently we have team members based in Canada, Brazil, Scotland, South Korea and Poland. We're intentional about remote culture, and believe that meaningful connections and effective collaboration with teammates aren't only possible in a remote environment - but that they're crucial for organizational success.
Things move quickly around here. Judo is a fast-paced, self-directed, energetic environment where everyone is bringing a fiery passion to work every single day. We value hustle, balance, innovation, customer obsession, design-centricity and continuous learning. We're entrepreneurial in spirit, creative in our thinking, and experimental in our approach.
About the role:
As a Product Designer at Judo, you will contribute directly to Judo's Mac App, helping to enhance the look, feel and usability of a product that is used by other designers, mobile product teams and engineers.
What will you do as Product Designer at Judo?
- Be the lead designer for Judo's macOS, iOS, Android and web apps
- Collaborate to build a holistic user experience and bridge overlapping functionalities between Judo's features and platforms
- Iterate on design solutions and ideas based on feedback from colleagues and data insights
- Work closely with the Engineering Team to implement your designs
What we'd love to see in your work history:
- 5+ years in Product Design roles, at SaaS companies and/or early stage startups
- A love for the Mac, Apple software and extensive experience designing for one or more of Apple's platforms. Bonus points if this includes macOS!
- An interest and/or experience with SwiftUI. Judo's visual design tool is based on SwiftUI so you'll need to understand it to be able to design for it.
- An extensive understanding of Figma including auto-layout and variants. Bonus points if you've ever worked on tooling that uses Figma's API!
Some of the attributes we hope you'll bring to the role:
- An exceptional design aesthetic
- Passion for software
- The ability to transform insights into delightful product experiences
- Excitement about hands-on work, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with ever-changing challenges
- Attention to detail - we'd love to see you mention “Kano Jigoro” in your cover letter
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to be self-directed in your work
- A fierce curiosity for your craft, always striving to learn more and improve yourself
- The ability to wear many hats, find ways to bring value and a willingness to do what needs to be done
- A desire to help our team continuously improve. We want you to teach us new things!
- A demonstrated ability to be productive working remotely and an enthusiasm for remote work environments
A few of the reasons why you should join Judo:
- We're a dynamic and entrepreneurial team working on the cutting edge of server-driven UI
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem-solving
- Maintain optimal work-life balance in a remote environment with flexible hours
- We're a quickly-growing startup with competitive salaries and stock option plan
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Topped-up maternity and parental leave
- Subsidized coworking memberships
- We encourage open communication with management and company leadership
- Participate in optional virtual social events regularly to connect with colleagues
- Join us for in-person retreats with the full team twice annually
- Take part in the Judo Meetup program, which encourages team members around the world to spend time together in person (expenses paid)
- Work alongside an international team of smart, kind individuals who celebrate each other and care for each other
100K-130K CAD annually
ASAP, but can be flexible according to the availability of the successful candidate.
If you don't have all of the attributes or particular experience we've listed above, please know that we would still love to hear from you! We understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Judo's total addressable market is vast, our platform is unique, and our team is ambitious. If you're eager to be a part of something big in this next chapter of your career - we'd love to have you aboard for liftoff. Apply now!
At Judo, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Judo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we support applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the interview process.