Senior Frontend Software Engineer
About HousingAnywhere & Kamernet
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Tenants typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ more than 150 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
Kamernet is the largest platform for rental properties in The Netherlands since 2000. We bridge housing supply and demand by understanding our users’ needs and providing them with the most efficient tools for renting (out) a room, studio or apartment.
Recently, Kamernet joined HousingAnywhere. Together we are on the mission to fully digitise the entire rental experience. We have the ambition to at least double our business in the upcoming years and improving our product is at the cornerstone of that ambition.
Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Core Values 💛:
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Over the past couple of years, HousingAnywhere grew exponentially and we are currently with 150 colleagues. We have the ambition to at least double our business in the upcoming years and improved internal tooling is at the cornerstone of that ambition. Our technology and tooling should facilitate us to grow in an efficient way, meaning that the same amount of people should be able to support a much larger business a few years from now.
As a Frontend Software Engineer in HousingAnywhere, you will become part of one of our product teams and work directly with other engineers and product managers towards the specific team mission and goals.
By becoming more efficient and effective we will be able to scale our operations at a much faster pace. On a more human level, we’re going to positively reinforce the daily work lives of our colleagues and empower them to grow and to spend their time on those matters that really matter and make an impact.
Besides empowering our colleagues we will also make an active commitment to embedding data privacy and security standards into our internal tooling.
Our backend runs on Golang, with PostgreSQL database(s). We run our services inside Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster, all running in GCP. We use gRPC and messaging queue(s) in addition to HTTP for communication. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We love Git. We are quickly moving towards cross-platform Domain and Event-driven architecture.
Your Responsibilities 🚀
- A product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions
- A strategic thinker. You take initiative and are comfortable in interacting with stakeholders to elicit and clarify requirements and to create a plan to deliver your work in a timely manner.
- A problem solver. You start from the problems and not the solutions, and you go the extra mile to find innovative and pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand.
- A pragmatic and quality-driven engineer. You believe in the importance of writing good unit, integration and E2E tests.
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. When writing code you take into account who will read your code, and make your intentions clear and explicit for others to work with it.
- A tech enthusiast! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve yourself.
- Experience with React, Typescript. Node.js or Go is a strong asset
- You’re experienced with test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and/or API development would be a great strength
- You have at least 5 years of experience in web development
- We are open to both local and international talent
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Coaching and training opportunities to help you grow professionally with a personal development budget of 1.000,- per year
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs
- 10% of work time for personal development
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands
- Discount on NS Business Card or full reimbursement, if you do not live in Rotterdam
- Company-sponsored team-building activities
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Visa sponsorship provided