At Keboola, we’ve built a team culture based on learning, innovation and most importantly trust. As we’ve grown we continue to embrace the startup vibe and foster a fast-paced and challenging environment. What is unique about our company, is that everyone has a voice and is welcomed to use it. We’re global but well connected and agile. Keboola has offices and team members spanning across Europe and North America. Gartner has recognized our company as a Data Operating Systems organization.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer (senior or mid-senior level) who wants to make an impact in a growing SaaS-based company. You will work in a team of four experienced engineers, taking care of the infrastructure, improving the availability and reliability of Keboola's platform and design and implementing and operating new infrastructure architecture patterns.
You will also work closely with our backend engineers, supporting them, preparing and providing best practices, tooling, etc, to help them provision services at scale and for the best cost. The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and have an understanding of cloud providers, infrastructure as a code, and containers.
The team communicates mostly in Czech/Slovak but you must be able to speak with other teams in English. For onboarding, you will receive a set of training materials and descriptions of technologies we use, and will participate in a Keboola onboarding program.
What you’ll do
- Take part in the design, implementation, and architecture of new and existing services (e.g., if the backend team needs etcd in one of the services, they will consult you about it) and the whole platform.
- Contribute to the existing core services — mainly how we’re running them.
- Undertake code reviews for members of your team.
- Be actively involved in designing technical features (participate in design docs).
- Share knowledge and experience in new areas and technologies with people outside of your team.
- Participate in service migrations and deprecations (e.g., when monitoring and weighted load balancing is needed).
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation (only a few days a month).
What we look for and what are the skills you need to have
- Over two years’ experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, or over two years’ experience running production services, workflows, and containers with CI pipelines and proper monitoring.
- Over two years’ experience building and operating apps in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- A passion for engineering and problem-solving.
- An ability to keep security, speed, and efficiency in mind when designing new services (or making recommendations to backend engineers).
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies (database systems, storage, computing, etc. — the basic elements of each service).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or a similar system for containerized services.
- Knowledge of UNIX-based systems, coding and scripting.
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and awareness of Twelve-Factor App (so you will know whether or not a service features best practices).
- Experience with service monitoring.
- A technical understanding of concepts and how they fit into the "big picture."
We also require some basic soft skills.
- An orientation towards results, and driving a task from the beginning to the end if needed; a willingness to take ownership.
- Patience, and a sense for details.
- Being a bug hunter, but knowing what is enough.
- A readiness to ask for help.
- A team player, not an independent worker. (We work as a team.)
- Self-organization and self-discipline.
- Problem management.
A little bit more about the opportunity
- Autonomy within your position. We are focused on outcomes, not micromanaging everything that you do. We love free company movement.
- Work with great brands both locally and worldwide. Ask us who we were working with!
- Work with new industry-leading data technologies.
- The opportunity to create the job you want that fits in with the life you want. We know there is life outside of work, and think fulfilment is achieved when all areas of your life fit together.
- We believe the best people are a bit weird and have an inner engine that drives them.
- We strive to push people for career development.
You can look forward to the following benefits
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options pre-IPO.
- Generous paid vacation time. And we mean generous.
- Cool new offices in the heart of Holesovice in Prague.
- We are a company born in the cloud means we are relatively location independent. Want to take an extra-long trip while working on the beach (or forest, or desert?), go ahead - make sure to send us a postcard.
- No set office hours and flexibility (aside from when you are placed on-call to support customers).
Keboola’s Core Values
- Care, love and respect
- No BS
- Get your stuff done and do a bit more
- Create and innovate
- One team
Come One, Come All
Keboola provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, and applicants for employment. We do not discriminate on any basis. Here’s the thing: we don’t care what color you are, who you pray to, what gender you identify with, if you have tattoos or your hair is blue. We hire based on skill and culture fit. It really is that simple.
More About Keboola
Every day Keboola connects data, systems, and people to do their best work all in one place. Keboola is a hybrid, multi-cloud data platform that reduces your day-to-day complexity with data by streamlining and automating your data processes and systems, creating a scalable data structure that works best for you, and aligns business and IT in a secure environment so they can do meaningful work together. Hundreds of innovative companies use Keboola to unlock their data-driven power. The company has offices in Chicago, Vancouver, London, and Prague. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or visit keboola.com.