Senior Accounting Manager (E-Commerce / Apparel)
RoleManagement and Finance
Senior Accounting Manager (E-Commerce / Apparel)
100% Remote (US-based locations only):
Come join an amazing team! Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented and tech-savvy Senior Accounting Manager with 3+ years of NetSuite experience.
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of over 60+ people based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous, and encouraging. We work together to create the best product and shopping experience possible for our customers. Oh, and did we mention we're on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held companies four years in a row? We won Shopify's Build a Bigger Business Competition and our award-winning product has been featured in Self Magazine, What to Expect, Ovia, BabyCenter, and Romper!
Opportunity (the job): We are seeking an experienced, motivated, and hands-on financial professional for our Accounting team. This role reports to the VP of Finance & Accounting. The candidate will help manage a small group of accounting professionals and be responsible for the accounting of all revenue and operating costs. This candidate is responsible for scalable and established processes/controls while ensuring accounting is in accordance with US GAAP.
We aim to out care the marketplace by offering:
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision as well as voluntary benefits (Life Insurance, FSA, Critical Illness Insurance).
- Free mental health services.
- Retirement and charitable donation matching.
- Paid parental leave program and tuition assistance program after 1 year.
- $50 reimbursement per month to spend on a "Random Act of Generosity".
- 40% off product discounts on the Kindred Bravely and 15% off for friends and family.
- Amazing team culture, surprise perks throughout the year, and a really fun place to work!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of progressive accounting experience and 3+ years of Netsuite experience.
- Has a CPA and a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Is a collaborator and a finisher. You must work well in a team and love the details of accounting, while you work to ensure the month-end close is complete and accurate.
- Has outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done and collaboration with the team.
- Strong knowledge of NetSuite and data connectors/integrations.
- Experience in JEs, AP, AR, POs, Cash Management and Sales and Use Tax returns.
- Has superior analytical skills and a high level of NetSuite and Microsoft Excel proficiency and a strong aptitude to learn technical aspects of NetSuite quickly.
- Works effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Has the ability to collaborate and help mentor staff members in a remote setting.
- Is exceptional in all they do and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions.
- Has the ability to manage, mentor and coach staff members in a remote setting
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Protect assets by establishing, documenting, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, and annual accounting work is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Close each month and deliver timely, accurate, and GAAP-compliant financial statements.
- Assist in generating monthly & yearly financial statements and explaining variances, etc.
- Verify payments to product suppliers and other vendors by carefully managing support documentation and vendor agreements.
- Address accounting challenges as they arise, including resolving customer and vendor issues, and developing and implementing new processes as needed.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and contracts.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Manage all Accounting Operations functions, including Inventory Control, Accounts Payable, and Sales Audit to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Oversee all year-end processes, including all corporate tax filings (in partnership with our 3rd party CPA firm).
- Maintain actuals of our weekly cash forecast to accurately reflect the business needs.
- In coordination with the VP of Finance, help lead the annual external audit with the expectation of no post-audit adjustments and work with accounting firm(s) to facilitate tax preparation efforts and deliverables throughout the year.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify reporting improvement opportunities that will drive meaningful insight throughout the organization.
- Monitor employee expense reports and credit cards. Maximize cash back rewards on credit cards by evaluating credit card spendMaintain sales tax registrations and filings, and reconcile via Avalara managed services.
- Monitor and maintain revenue activities.
- Monitor and maintain lease activities.
- Develop and maintain wholesale billing activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting activities.
- Process and issue annual 1099s in-house.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week. We are open to helping you create a schedule that works for you. We can accommodate school drops off / pick ups etc.
If you've made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
- She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make. We are here.
- Work/Life Balance is imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
- Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How we act:
- We have a Bias For Action: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
- We Hold Ourselves Accountable: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
- We Lead, Not Follow: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
- We communicate Genuinely & Transparently: With each other and with her. We are present.
- We are Always Learning: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location:
We are a natively remote company with team members located all over the world. The flexibility that comes with remote work is a tenant of our culture and our team members hold themselves to high standards to ensure the remote/flexible workplace works for the entire team. We're looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn't mean we're not a close-knit team…
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We're a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a Lot of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you're a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.