🇺🇸 USA Only
Junior Developer at Bay Area's Fastest-Growing IT Startup
Voted "Best Places to Work" five times by the San Francisco Business Times, Kinetix is a rapidly growing MSP (managed service provider), offering tech services to startups in the Bay Area, New York, and beyond. We are an industry leader in the tech startup industry and are quickly becoming an authority in managed cybersecurity services. Kinetix exists to help our clients and people grow.
About the Role:
We're looking for a new junior developer who can use their technical skills to dazzle our clients, who want to expand their knowledge and work on a wide variety of projects while also learning and advancing quickly, playing a key role in our company growth. As a junior developer, you will work with a senior engineer to take on both internal and client requests, creating new tools and improving QoL for both your teammates and end-users. This role entails primarily back-end infrastructure, though there may be opportunities for front-end development in the future.
We are looking for someone with:
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Fluent in Node-JS, and willing to learn new languages
- Some proficiency in PowerShell and/or Bash scripting
- Basic understanding of databases
- Experience with the Git workflow for version control
- Exposure/experience with a cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with REST API usage, creation, and documentation (Postman, Swagger, etc.)
- Able to think outside the box and propose novel solutions outside of assigned tasks
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with both Windows and Unix (Linux/macOS) systems
- Experience with No-Code and Low-Code automation and integration solutions like Zapier
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements but still think you are qualified for this role, we’d encourage you to apply!
Some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Write scripts for our remote monitoring and management service
- Work on smaller projects and features for both internal and client-facing tools
- Learn the codebase and prepare documentation
- Update and maintain the codebase
- Monitor and respond to system errors and bugs
Benefits and perks:
- Monthly social events
- Annual summer event
- Annual holiday party
- 95% coverage for medical/dental/vision premiums and more
- $125 technology reimbursement
- $150 monthly meal stipend
- $100 healthy living expense program
- Reimbursement for learning and training materials, including technical certifications
- Flexible working hours
- Generous PTO, sick and family leave policies
As with other companies, we and our clients have felt the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic. We have adapted to the current situation and will continue evolving as necessary. Safety is our biggest concern. Currently, we are working remotely, but in the case of onsite visits, we require all employees and clients to strictly adhere to all local, state, and CDC guidelines as they pertain to social distancing, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and all other safety precautions to ensure that everyone can work as safely as possible.
At the start of the pandemic, we became a primarily remote workforce and use all the best communication tools to support our team and clients. We went from having monthly in-person events to virtual ones and continue to find ways of keeping our team connected. Visit our About Us page to learn more about life at Kinetix and our learning & feedback culture. Even though you will be remote, you will always feel like part of the team. We provide employees with all the equipment and tools they will need to work remotely. And if you feel like you don’t have everything you need to do the best job you can, you’re welcome to request additional equipment to set up your in-home office.
At Kinetix, our mission has been built on continuous improvement and growth. We believe this extends far beyond technical skills, certifications, or credentials. We have committed ourselves to be a diverse and inclusive workplace, ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. We value unique perspectives and believe this is critical to solving complex problems. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply Here: https://www.kinetix.com/careers/