KitBash3D is looking for an experienced Concept Designer to join our growing team. As a Concept Designer, you will work alongside our talented team of 3D modelers and texture artists to further our mission to enable and inspire the creators of the virtual frontier. You will be responsible for developing beautiful 2D concepts for a wide variety of genres, developing engaging stories, giving artistic feedback to your peers, and working together to make each product better than the last. You will also work closely with the Asset Supervisor and Head of Kits to improve our process to be more effective and efficient.
As our ideal candidate, creating amazing and story-driven concepts is your primary area of focus, drawing on your years of experience working in VFX, Video Games, or other applicable field. You are extremely proficient with 2D software and enjoy the challenge of working on a wide range of genres and projects. You consistently find ways to improve your own skills and help your teammates. You have strong technical skills, can convey your thoughts through visual mediums, and have a great eye for design, balance, form, and composition. You communicate effectively with your supervisors, team, and other departments across a company. You are organized, efficient, creative, open-minded, and excited to be a part of an unstoppable team.
This position is open to remote candidates world-wide and would start on a project basis with the goal of moving to a full-time position. Local candidates may choose to work out of our Portland, OR office.
What You'll Contribute:
- 2D Ideation: Create quick thumbnail sketches that establish the theme, design language, and overall composition of kit concepts
- Final Concepts: Take the thumbnail sketches to final, polished line work as well as create color and material blockout to help inspire the 3D modeling and texturing teams
- Concept handoffs: Prepare and organize the approved concepts for a clean and efficient handoff to the 3D modeling and texturing teams
- Give Feedback: Help the team achieve excellence by giving technical and artistic feedback. We are all in this together
What You Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of experience creating high 2D concepts for games/vfx or a related industry
- Expert proficiency with either Photoshop, Procreate, or other 2D software
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in 2D concepting, specifically for environments, props, and vehicles
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Ability to deliver clean, organized work, while still within our technical specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well on a team
- Experience with multiple 3D softwares such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, and C4D
- Experience with game engine workflows using Unreal or Unity
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Remote work
- Professional development funds
- 12 company holidays per year + End of Year companywide recess
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth as KitBash3D grows
- Benefits for full-time employee
KitBash3D is a company and community that celebrates taking risks and being on the cutting edge of technology and digital media. Our premium 3D assets cover everything from ancient temples to futuristic utopias that artists use to bring their imaginary worlds to life. Our customers include the largest studios (Disney, Marvel, HBO, Ubisoft, EA, 2K) as well as thousands of independent artists and hobbyists in more than 150 countries.
We are on a mission to enable and inspire the creators of the virtual frontier and we're looking for amazing people to join us on this journey.
Equal Opportunity Employment
KitBash3D is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. KitBash3D is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include your request as part of the questionnaire in this application.
Please Keep Reading...
We know research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply to a job when they meet every requirement. So, if you think you have what it takes to own this role, but don't necessarily check every box, we would still love to hear from you!
KitBash3D participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify and your rights to employment, please see the following notices: E-Verify Notice 1; E-Verify Notice 2.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved