Director of Finance
RoleManagement and Finance
We’re looking for a finance professional who has hands-on experience with GL/accounting, cut their teeth in FP&A and is excited to hone their finance skills at a fast-growing insurtech. This is a critical first hire in finance; your charge is to support management and own budgeting, reporting, forecasting, financial system enhancements and support for strategic decision making. This is a remote-first position with occasional travel required. Ideal candidates will reside in the Eastern Time zone.
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
- Design and implement financial planning and accounting practices
- Define internal processes for accounting treatment, compliance and financial controls
- Spearhead tooling and systems to support streamlined invoicing, payments and reporting
- Collaborate with engineering and underwriting to define/prototype reporting needs for various business functions
- Manage vendor relationships and partnerships (CPA, A/P, A/R)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or Statistics), Masters degree preferred
- 2+ years P&C insurance experience
- 8+ years finance experience in FP&A, accounting, strategic finance
- Familiarity with GAAP/audit prep, GL
- Ability to explore, analyze and interpret data using a variety of tools (eg, XLS, SQL, business reporting systems)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity , ability to build and reimagine process independently
This role is targeted at the Director level; expected pay band is $160,000-$180,000.
For US employees we offer a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited vacation, 100% employer paid health, vision and dental plans, commuter benefits and discounted fitness classes, generous WFH stipend, personal learning/training (for professional/industry certification) and conference budget. For remote hires outside the US, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited vacation, generous WFH stipend, personal learning/training (for professional/industry certification) and conference budget.
We believe strongly in diversity of thought which comes from different backgrounds and experiences. Covid has helped us transform to a WFH-first company, so periodic facetime is an essential part of growing our team and this role can be based anywhere in the US or Canada.