Customer Success Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
We’re a small, tight-knit team on the leading edge of Kubernetes adoption and optimization looking to hire our first Customer Success Manager. As a member of our growing Customer Success team and one of our first 50 employees, you’ll work alongside the founding team and technical success to dramatically influence how we make customers successful with our products at Stackwatch.
As a CSM, you will put the customer at the center of everything you do. Your goal will be to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and ensure that our products are helping them achieve their goals, all while delivering an incredible customer experience. You will guide customers to achieve key milestones throughout the customer journey, always thinking about the big picture and identifying areas for increased enablement, expanded stakeholder relationships, and potential risk. Working closely with cross-functional teams to tackle customer escalations, drive adoption of Stackwatch solutions, identify opportunities for expansion, and ensure that we are always keeping the needs of our customers at the top of our priorities.
If you’re passionate about shaping the future of a young customer success organization on the leading edge of technology at a fast-growing startup, this is your opportunity! Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Manage a book of strategic customers and build strong relationships to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and execute customer success plans, tracking and reporting on key metrics for customer adoption and overall customer success
- Partner with technical success to effectively manage onboarding by understanding the goals, timelines, and milestones of the customer
- Act as a domain expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that help customers meet their goals efficiently and effectively
- Develop strategic presentations to support key milestones along the customer journey
- Continuously identify and define new use cases for Stackwatch products
- Effectively address customer satisfaction and manage a diverse set of issues, participate in issue triage and prioritization alongside the Product team
- Identify upsell and growth opportunities, partnering with Sales to ensure growth attainment
- Provide regular status updates to the Stackwatch leadership team, including retention, churn, and upsell opportunities
- Play a key role in building the foundation of our Success team through major projects like mapping the customer journey and developing periodic review cadences and scripts.
- Embrace ambiguity and take on responsibilities outside your normal duties and/or comfort zone
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success or Account Management
- Eager to help customers solve problems and succeed with Stackwatch solutions
- A healthy dose of customer-facing experience with a splash of technical expertise, preferably in the infrastructure monitoring and/or Kubernetes space
- Familiarity with the SaaS customer journey and a proven track record of successfully managing a portfolio of 20-40 enterprise accounts
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of product(s)
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrable clarity of thought and top-notch organizational skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a positive, solution-oriented mindset
- Impeccable communication abilities (written, verbal, and presentation) and unassailable judgment
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to talk to a variety of stakeholders—both technical and executive
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $100k-$160k
- The equity compensation for this position is 0.02% – 0.08%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees, 50% paid for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
🌴 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, co-working weeks, and more
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.