Senior Data Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Kunai is a fast-growing digital agency of 80+ people specializing in fintech. Ours is a fully remote team driven by innovation and experimentation. Over the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015. We focus our teams on outcomes that will grow the business and serve the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior data Engineer to work on a cutting-edge payment solution application for one of the largest and most technologically forward-thinking financial institutions in the world. You will be a key decision maker, stakeholder and thought leader helping to guide the evolution of a production solution that bridges the world of legacy Java/J2EE/Spring Boot applications with data pipelines and features managed using Python and Scala.
You must have:
- 5+ years: both Java (J2EE) and Python
- Be fluent in common software architecture, design and testing patterns
- Mastery: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Mastery: EMR and Spark
- Experience: building and consuming RESTful microservices
- Experience: building data pipelines
- Some experience: Spring Boot or Scala
- Know how to work in large scale distributed systems
- Experience: event-driven architecture
- Familiar: NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra or GraphDB