Remote QA Manager
Anywhere in the World
RoleAll Other Remote
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people's financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
You will be responsible for ensuring that whatever we launch into production works as seamlessly and bug-free as possible.
You will lead the development and execution of exploratory as well as automated tests in order to ensure software product quality, and work alongside the dev and UX team to build the best possible experience for our clients. ****
- develop and implement the QA process from scratch
- coordinate between the development and UX teams to ensure glitch-free delivery
- train and manage new QAs to grow your team
- minimise the amount of bugs that get sent into production.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with the rest of the tech team to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams, identifying their core problems
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
What you bring to the team
- You will have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Leader or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Product mindset. You are able to identify valuable insights from the customer interactions your team is having and transform them into actionable, product-driven solutions.
- Highly empathetic. You care deeply about the users and strive for providing them the best, memorable and humane experience possible.
- High standards. You expect your personal performance and your team's performance to be nothing short of excellent.
- Leadership skills. You can easily identify areas for improvement in the people you are guiding, can direct them on the right path to improve their skills and build highly performing teams.
- Ownership. You are able to work without constant direction. You are the 'owner' of our own work and have the autonomy and freedom to execute it.
- Proactivity. You act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the team. You thrive working working in a lean and agile environment with hands on approach.
- Curiosity and creativity. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise the way we do things.
- Communication. You are an excellent communicator and engage with other team members to share ideas and discuss topics. You are able to give constructive feedback and lead productive discussions.