“It's exciting being part of a scaling journey and being able to shape the future of the business”
“There's a lot of opportunity to progress and support to get there”
“Everyone has a voice and all ideas count”
We love that our colleagues feel this way, will you be next?
At Layer Systems, we believe that new colleagues bring fresh ideas, they help us with our mission to keep innovating. We're hiring and would love to hear from you if you think that could be you.
Layer Systems is a tech company based in the UK. Our product, The Layer, is a hosted B2B business management software (SAAS) platform designed exclusively for telecoms & IT resellers.
We have a loyal, growing customer base, a mature, feature-rich platform and exciting plans for 2021 onwards.
Our vision is to create the most user-friendly, market relevant and innovative software by building a community-driven product.
We aim to support our customers in delivering their strategic goals by leveraging the latest technology, creating solutions that deliver maximum benefit in the most efficient way.
Currently there are 20 people in our team. We may be from diverse backgrounds with unique talents and perspectives, but we do absolutely share common goals - we want to keep asking what's possible and pushing beyond.
We are optimistic, determined and energetic, working hard to give our customers the best experience - they are at the heart of everything we do.
We believe ideas flow when we encourage, listen to and support everyone - we don't talk about being inclusive, it's just how we are.
We love originality and diversity. Within our talented team everyone has a voice and is encouraged to contribute in a space of psychological safety.
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Not only will you be the voice of the market, our customers & partners, you'll play a key part in reviewing and designing product improvements and new features. You will be responsible for:
- Eliciting and documenting the requirements of new & existing customers.
- Making joins to fit requirements into our own technologies & frameworks, or suggesting alternative approaches.
- Writing detailed, yet readable functional specifications which meet the customer requirements and add value to the company as a whole.
Working alongside our development, sales, customer success and project teams, you will take the lead in writing and monitoring creation of user stories and acceptance criteria, operating as a key interface & point of clarification for the development, and test teams as the solution is planned and delivered. You will also work with team members, and exhibit a highly detailed and solutions orientated mindset, resulting in the best solutions possible.
You'll be autonomous, not micromanaged. You'll get to share your ideas and support others by listening and encouraging.
You won't need to shout loud to get heard, you'll be respected and have space to communicate your ideas, in whatever way fits your personality best.
You'll have the opportunity to learn more in a few months than you would do in other environments in years.
As a fully remote company (with regular team meet-ups in Glasgow), we support working flexibly and can consider a combination of full-time and part-time (32+) hours over Monday to Friday.
We offer family-friendly policies and do our best to accommodate preferred working patterns. We understand that many people have priorities outside work such as: looking after children & pets, caring for relatives/friends or you may simply want a good work/life balance.
Work with our CTO & product owner to identify features & deliverables required to deliver new and innovative features, improve and refine existing functionality. You'll enjoy framing a problem or opportunity, bringing people together to harness ideas and challenges and distilling the feedback into clear, visual documentation, making clear recommendations and communicating approaches with clarity. You will work closely with both internal teams, customers, partners and prospective customers to determine scope, value & use voting to inform prioritisation and dependencies. You'll work closely with the Head of Operations and delivery teams to shape planning and review future roadmaps. Ultimately, you'll work in a close team with senior leaders to manage the project and solution delivery, and cost plan, iterating improvements and continuous value delivery via stakeholder feedback.
In reality, this means:
- Gathering requirements from the market, customers & team
- Understanding and documenting (through visuals and text) business problems, requirements, procedures & workflows.
- Understanding and documenting (with the project team) the personas that represent the user and stakeholder base.
- Building wireframes and working mock-ups to demonstrate flows, features.
- Defining scope of work to help with development team productivity
- Communicating end solutions to designers, developers and testers and implementing feedback and suggesting alternative approaches.
- Liaising with the project team to get sign off on work in order to meet our onboarding SLAs.
- Responding to day-to-day queries on specification, clarifying with all parties as needed to provide answers.
- Taking part in regular stand-ups in order to stay on top of scheduled work to ensure it meet ls the acceptance criteria and is delivered within the agreed timescales.
- Kicking-off QA with the test team as early as possible.
- Where requirements have an effect on the wider business or existing customers, consult stakeholders and obtain buy-in.
- Oversee the production of new product content / training materials to support client delivery, working with documentation, training and support specialists as required to fulfil tasks.
- Obtain feedback and collate requests and ideas for revision/change and further feature development and quantifying and prioritising them.
- Logging, monitoring, and minimising the commercial and product quality impact of change requests
- Keep up to date with modern product design practice
- 4+ years' experience working as a Business Analyst or Product Manager or in a similar role
- Experience of design thinking methodologies, specifically discovery & ideation would be beneficial
- Experience of defining and prioritising the requirements of brand-new products and technologies in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Expertise in creating beautiful requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships and confidently interact with a variety of stakeholders and actors.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Experience writing detailed user stories and acceptance criteria.
- A genuine passion for discovering the underlying business pain or opportunity, problem solving and creating possible solutions.
- You'll be proactive and take pride in seeing your vision through from inception to completion.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating trade-offs and exploring new opportunities.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and enjoys sharing ideas and helping to implement improvements
- A strong level of commercial awareness and a strategic mind with the ability to identify business opportunities and contribute to delivering against them for clients.
Overall, we know that applicants can be put off from applying if they don't meet all our criteria. More than anything we hire for attitude and potential, if you have the qualities listed above and would be happy to work towards formal certification, get in touch!
- Salary £35-£50k (subject to experience)
- Remote working: work from home/anywhere
- 30 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
Layer Systems values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.