Senior People Partner
RoleAll Other Remote
Senior People Partner
Based in the UK, Remote
£60,000 - £70,000
❤️ Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture. Check out our Employee Guide for more detail!
📚 Learning and Development - £1,000 learning budget each year + unlimited learning leave to drive your own development.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours - You have the choice to work in the way that brings out the best in you whether you're an early bird or night owl.
🏢 Distributed working - £500 WFH allowance and co-working options (no full time office vibes over here!).
💻 Technology - Your choice of Mac or Windows via Hofy.
📮 Surprises - Letterbox gifts.
🏖 25 Holiday Days + your local bank holidays — because we're global like that, thanks Omnipresent
🎂 1 Birthday day - unless you're the Queen and get 2! 👑
🏠 1 Life Event day - to recognise life's big moments like a wedding, graduation, moving house
🛌 2 Duvet days - to press the pause button and reset mentally, no questions asked
🙏🏼 Religious Celebrations Leave — time to celebrate what's important to you, regardless of your faith or where you are in the world
💜 Compassionate Leave — up to 5 days time off or more if you lose a loved one, regardless of who it is - whether you've miscarried or lost a pet, you don't need to tell us why
⛅ Seasonal Hours — 2 hour lunch breaks on Tues & Thurs in Winter ❄️, we finish at 2pm on Fridays in Summer 🌞
🧠 Mental Healthcare - Unlimited qualified therapy-based support through Oliva
🤕 Paid sick leave - Enhanced sick pay up to 40 days each rolling year
🤒 Income Protection - 75% of your salary covered for 3 years if you become ill long term
👩🏾⚕️ Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 5 cover with SimplyHealth, you get money back when you spend on health appointments e.g. physio, dental, optician + more
💰 Pension — Learnerbly matches 4% of your salary into your pension pot to help you save for the future
Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world. We are a team of 60+ and over the last four years, we’ve built an online marketplace curated from 250+ of the best learning providers. So far, we’ve supported thousands of employees from fast growing tech scale-ups and progressive businesses like GoCardless, Curve, King and Freetrade to power their learning culture. We've only just started our journey to help unlock everyone's full potential.
Read more about us here, find out what we’re talking about on our blog or see how we empower companies to commit to a culture of learning during a shift to more remote based working!
- Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world.
- Our vision is to create a world where everyone unlocks their full potential
- We believe everyone can make a difference.
The People Experience team at Learnerbly are on a mission to create the best place anyone will ever want to work. We’ve invested in this team early, and the foundations we put in place in 2021 have put us ahead of many companies 3x our size. Learnerbly’s customers are people in roles just like yours, so your insights will be invaluable to Learnerbly's growth. ✨
Reporting into our Head of People Experience, Lauren Mason 👋, this role will be the first in our PX Partnering team which will exist to steer Learnerbly as it grows, enable our people leaders, and guard our culture. We liken it to our customer success team - driving the performance and happiness of the teams they work with. 🤩
This role will introduce People Partnering best practice to Learnerbly and be critical to us developing a high performance culture effectively. Previous experience of enabling companies to scale quickly will be key to success in this role.
- Steering Learnerbly as we target Series B. Translating our strategy into a pragmatic People Plan that will enable company growth.
- Becoming the trusted partner to our leadership team. You'll push boundaries in their thinking, and advise on the best people strategy to unlock performance in their teams.
- Shaping and embedding what a high performance culture looks like at Learnerbly - get ready to trail blaze!
- Using both commercial + people data insights to implement people strategies that optimise performance and happiness in our teams.
- Galvanising our manager population, coaching and developing them so they can learn and grow collectively.
- Caring passionately, and advocating for diversity, equity, inclusion + belonging, intentionally building this into the people lifecycle.
- Enabling cross-functional collaboration across the business, leveraging Crystal and DISC profiling to unlock improved ways of working in teams.
- Initiating our 'Learnerbly Listening' activity (engagement surveys) in Leapsome to drive action within the teams you work with.
- You have already been part of enabling a business to scale through a significant growth phase (e.g. Series A,B,C,D+). We have grown to 80 people already but plan to grow past 100+ this year.
- You're energised by the ownership that comes with being the only People Partner in a growing People Experience team (there's 6 of us already, not including you! 😏)
- You pride yourself on your ability to build strong relationships - quickly. You're able to work with leaders who haven't had much experience with People Partners before + excited to show them what they're missing 😉
- You're a natural influencer and instil trust with everyone you interact with. You can take people through journeys of change with relative ease.
- Your default is to use data to equip leaders with the insights they need to make decisions and plans, driving commercial solutions that have impact.
- You have a sound working knowledge of UK employment law, and can adapt to pick up new countries too.
- You enjoy working with managers to develop their skills and improve team performance.
- You're ready to throw out traditional HR, and embrace People Experience as a Product. 🚀
- You've supported expansion into the US.
- You’re sensei level in most of our tech stack; Leapsome, Notion, Slack, TeamTailor, Crystal Knows, HiBob.
- You have experience leading Partnering teams: progression in this role would be growing and leading the PX Partnering team in the future.
- You have knowledge of Agile practices and how they can be leveraged in the People space.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, and about what you learnt.
So, if this role excites you, don't let our role description hold you back, get applying!
- 📞 Initial screening with Marie (30mins)
- 💡 Capabilities Interview with Marie and Lauren (1 hour)
- 🎨 Task Interview with Lauren, Raj and Jonny (1 hour)
- 💛 Values Interview with Danny and Katherine (1 hour)
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- Always Grow: We are curious and continuously take ourselves out of our comfort zone to spark new ways to develop ourselves, and each other. We humbly respond to feedback and proactively share advice with others to reveal new insights and accelerate growth. We proactively share what we learn and seek the contrary opinion in the room to diversify perspectives.
- Include Intentionally: We go the extra mile to include diverse perspectives in everything we do, to create an environment where everyone can belong. We deliberately default to trust and embrace everyone, to create a safe space to share our thoughts and make mistakes to learn from. We bring our best authentic selves to the party, to live more fulfilling lives.
- Create Impact: We think big and bold, and use our resourcefulness to bring solutions to the table and achieve Learnerbly goals. We experiment and deliver fast, and take pride in the quality of our work to drive the best outcome for our user. We set boundaries and prioritise ruthlessly to protect our time, focus, and wellbeing, so we can perform sustainably.
- Win Together: We are accountable to ourselves and each other, we communicate clearly and simply to drive alignment and enable action. We make the time to support others and are able to ask for help when it's needed to move forward as a team. We celebrate each other's successes because when we win, we win together. And if we don't win, we learn together.
At Learnerbly, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities should be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, caring responsibilities, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Learnerbly. We strive to embed it not just into our values but throughout our entire culture.