RoleManagement and Finance
We are looking for an agile Operations Director to take a pivotal role at the heart of our rapidly scaling business. The Operations Director will oversee all operational aspects of implementing company strategy, help set strategic goals and be responsible for the flow of operations information to the Chief Executive and the board.
The successful candidate will need to be agile, highly adaptable and resilient to change, they must also be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and be driven to achieve results.
We are looking for someone who is a team player and committed to the development of our people, customers, service and product as well as our business goals and ambitions. As a purpose led business we are looking for candidates who are also passionate about our mission purpose and who are aligned with and can help develop and progress our company culture and values.
The Operations Director will be highly computer literate and able to improve and advance knowledge in this area across the business. They should also possess exceptional coaching skills; and be able to demonstrate strong decision making, action planning, and prioritisation skills. They must possess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and possess enough knowledge to drive safety, quality, compliance, risk and cost objectives. They must be able to commit to providing the whole organisation with the highest level of support and quality outputs and demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills
- Contribute to corporate strategy in the areas of production, purchase, distribution, fulfilment, installation, service, inventory and supply chain to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Direct and oversee operations staff to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that core operational functions achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control operational budgets to promote profitability and ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- Direct and control production to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
- Oversee purchasing to ensure that the company has the goods and services required for production purposes within agreed costs and quality standards and at the right times.
- Direct and control warehousing and distribution functions to ensure that customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
- Direct and control supply chain operations.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments across all company locations.
- Maintain working relationships with all other directors to ensure effective coordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Evaluate overall company performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position
Knowledge skills and experience required
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications
- Extensive operations management experience
- Industry experience
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles eg, supply chain, customer service etc
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and performance/operation metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- We have a flexible work schedule, this means you work in the best way for you and the company
- We are remote first and believe that having an inspiring space to work is important. We don’t have an office so we will provide everything you need to set you up at home, and if you need to find inspiration in work in a local co-working space or somewhere else then we will support that too
- We get together regularly to collaborate, review and plan our progress as well as celebrate our teammates and our successes
- We have a team dedicated to ensure we have a solid working culture that is supportive and inclusive
- A generous 28 days’ annual leave + bank holidays