Linux Application Performance Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Fully Remote but Europe preferred. Need significant overlap with CEST timezone
Job Summary: In this role you support the porting of Linux applications to the Arm architecture and the performance analysis and improvements of these Linux based applications operating in a public cloud.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Porting of applications to the Arm architecture.
- Profiling and performance comparisons of applications running on Arm and x86 servers in a public cloud.
- Profiling and performance optimization of applications running in cloud based hosts.
- Support containerization of applications and in particular containerization of applications on Arm servers.
- Assist in the creation and automation of continuous integration testing and build pipelines of cloud based applications.
Linaro teams are distributed geographically so you need to be self organised, communicate well in English both written and oral form, be flexible and willing to adapt to the processes in place in order to meet the project’s goals and attend meetings with global participants.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assist our clients with porting and optimising their applications to work on ARM based server instances in public cloud environments.
- Engage with our clients and develop strong working relationships with their staff and management to ensure we build their confidence in our delivery of services
- Work with the project management team to report on the progress towards achieving the goals of your projects.
- Ensure delivery of world-class software to our clients
- Mentoring less experienced team members in your areas of expertise.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong English language communication skills..
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Excellent analytical skills and a demonstrated ability in performance analysis and optimization of applications in public clouds.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python scripting
- Advanced experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience monitoring, profiling and optimising Linux based applications running in a cloud environment.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Arm Server SoC architecture and the Arm ecosystem.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and Jenkins
This position includes attendance at all Linaro Connect events twice a year (after Covid).
May also require travel to member sites on rare occasions.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved